Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy OKI C711WT color printing

Hi Folks,

I have just bought the OKI C711WT printer for printing with white toner on transfer paper for printing on t-shirts and I got problems from the start.
    The colors are pale and light and I can not fix it, believe me I have tried almost everything.

Earlier I have had OKI C5750 color printer and there was no problems colors was strong, vibrant and clear.

Does somebody any idea what it going wrong?
    The test print from the printer system has great colors but the Xara prints.

Pawel

Default Re: OKI C711WT color printing

What programme are you printing from? Sounds like you are working in RGB and your are printing with a CMYK printer. You will need to work in the same colour management as your printer. Just read that you are using Xara which is RGB colour managed, so I was right, you will need to change all of your vector colours into a CMYK and you do this through you colour editor. At the bottom of the C/editor you should see HSV (default) Colour Model change to CMYK colour model. Also in the top menu in Windows go down to Show Printers Colours ---> out to --->Out to Simulate Printer Colours. This will give you an approx of what it will print like but it is better to export it as a PDF and open in Adobe Reader or even better if you have Acrobat Pro.

Using Xara when printing vectors is a bit of a guess when you are printing dark reds & greens and the simulate colours are only a guide. A better approach is to have a limited palette which you print off with the colour values of both CMYK & RGB values printed on the sheet. If your doing this as a biz. you woulld be better off using a Pantone book and then using the pantone colours found in the Pro version of Xara. Do a search on RGB to CMYK in Google to find out the problems and we are always here to help. As your using Xara programme it would be better to post your questions in "Xara Graphics Chat" where more people will see it and you will get help faster.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi Albacore.

Many thanks for your detailed reply to my request.
    It was of great help, however I have to use my head a little too.
    I have to change the K value in the CMYK mode to anything above the 0% for each used color
    and then I have got the strong vibrant colors in my print outs.

Once again thanks a lot for your kind and wise help.

cheers
    Pawel

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Hi Albacore.

Many thanks for your detailed reply to my request.
    It was of great help, however I have to use my head a little too.
    I have to change the K value in the CMYK mode to anything above the 0% for each used color
    and then I have got the strong vibrant colors in my print outs.

Once again thanks a lot for your kind and wise help.

cheers
    Pawel
    I know this is an old post but I need help... I am having the same problem with my printouts. Whit is print very good but the other colors are washed out and transparent. Can you help me?

Roger
    [e-mail link removed]
    Last edited by Rik; 26 September 2017 at 07:25 PM.