Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text links quit working

I am not a web designer, but inherited the job of updating a website so please forgive me for not getting this.
    I do not know what I did, but text links on my home page just quit working all of a sudden. The link is there, I can change it or remove it but once published the link doesn't do anything. I don't know what I did to break it (it worked at first). What should I look for?

Guest Guest

Default Re: Text links quit working

Had something very similar happening just yesterday.
    In my case it was a blend of multiple horizontal lines, which I had added to separate the text blocks. That combined "blend object" was placed in front of the linked text and it seems that was somehow blocking the links on export. Putting the blend object back behind the text solved this for me.

Perhaps this might give you a hint as to what to search for?

Check you haven't grouped the items together. This stops the links dead.
    Next bring all the linked objects to the front of the page (Select and then Ctrl+F / Arrange > Bring to Front).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome K. Priester (I wonder if we are related--there are not that many of us) and Welcome Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Check you haven't grouped the items together. This stops the links dead.
    Next bring all the linked objects to the front of the page (Select and then Ctrl+F / Arrange > Bring to Front).

Acorn
    Thank you Acorn. That will help. I think I remember clicking something about a group

Hi GW, I wondered about the relation thing as well. My father-in-law was raised in an orphanage in Natches, Mississippi so you never know.

Yes it did give me a hint. Thank you so very much.