Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ability to select line color of gradient and multi-contone objects.

When editing shapes that have gradients or more than one color, and you want to use the color editor to change the line color, you will find that often, line color only shows up for objects that have flat fills.

Also, when you have multiple fills within a group of objects, line color, even if it is unique, will still be unselectable through the color editor.
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Ability to select line color of gradient and multi-contone objects.

How about clone and convert line to shape?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

are we talking here about the outline colour - or the colours on the gradient line between start and end?

I don't recall having a problem with outline, but I don't think intermediate colours have ever been shown in the colour editor, and it would be useful [as would being able to profile them, or mesh]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sometimes when I try to edit the line color of an object with a gradient fill, the color editor only shows me the beginning and end of the gradient colors without showing the color of the line. If I can't select it, I can't change it. I usually end up making multiple objects of what I'm working on and then trying to copy/paste the attributes to the object I want to edit.
    Sheff
    My Site

ok - thanks... new one on me I'm afraid, sorry
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ah! see what you mean now Sheff. The line colour is still there but it's not identified as a line colour.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

+1 It's indeed kind of confusing

Also an option to remove the new "replace color" popup when you click on a color swatch of a gradient object.
    One of the reason I like Xara is that there is no stuff jumping in your face while working.

Marc

i've got the same problem with this bug, i often can't change the line color