Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to create web based tests

I am very interested in Xara Web Design software.

I have an inquiry that I need to know before proceeding to buy this software.

I want to design web based tests where I list questions with multiple choices and user selects the answer and at the end , the total results are displayed with some statistical analysis would be displayed like percentage of correct answers ..etc.

Can I do such app in Xara wed design?

Hatim

Default Re: How to create web based tests

Welcome to TalkGraphics

No. But if you can find a script that does this it may be possible to add it to your Web Designer page.

Check back and see what Acorn has to say. He's the expert in these things.

Well this is the simplest I could find: http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/cut180.shtml.

You would include popupquiz.htm detail (no html or body tags) in a Placeholder and do the same for quizconfig.js (adding script tags).
    I've not checked how to best present the results.htm page within Xara; i don't see an easy way so you would have to upload this file spearately intothe same directory.

If you can understand how to modify HTML data, you can change the Questions and Answers.

I could get something together in half a day but it's not my project.

I hope this gives you an idea ofthe depth of knowledge and effort you may need.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you very much for the feed back. I will look into the link for further information.
    In fact I am new into java or web programming but i will try my best to find out how to add the scripts as per my need.

I wish to add a method or simplified scripting language to manipulate data into Wed Designer software.

Hatem