Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Connecting pages with menubuttons is not working in Magix Webdesigner 10

I have a problem. I make the first two of many pages for my website but I can.t connect them. On both pages I have a menu and with the menu I want to go to the second page and then go back with the Back button. When I export both pages the pages are save as htm but separate. When I start the Index.htm page and click the next page button linked to fotopag (is second page) he shows not the full second page only a blank page with the linkes from fotopag. The second page, called: fotopag is also seen as an Index page. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I'll try to insert example-jpg pictures here but that's not possible in this message.

Is there anyone who can help me?

My email: elissen @ home . nl
    Last edited by Acorn; 01 November 2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: To prevent email spammers.

Default Re: Connecting pages with menubuttons is not working in Magix Webdesigner 10

I have made your email a bit more obscure.
    You don't need to add it.
    Reply back and I will remove it entirely.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Connecting pages with menubuttons is not working in Magix Webdesigner 10

Have your created each page in a separate xara file?

When you create a site,you use Edit > Pages > New blank page for the second and subsequent.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, I created each page in a separate file. After the export from web to htm I have 2 maps for each page and that's not good I think.
    Thats why the pages can't connect/find to eachother. The button refers to index.htm and the next page back-button to fotopag.htm. Because the pages are in two maps they not connect. I think. In the Layersection I can't see the two pages together.

I'll go try to make the second page with: Edit>Pages>New blank page.
    See if thats working.

Perhaps people could email me so I can copie pictures from pages-layout to show the problem

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Indexkl.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	104530 Try to send picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fotopagekl.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	104531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terugbuttonkl.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	104532 Here the second page and the savings on my pc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fileskl.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	104533

For the second page I'll try to ad a new blank page to index but they are not connected with buttons after saving with htm export

Hello Acorn,

No, stil can't go from one page to another page with the menu buttons. I have make a Blank page for the second page after the Index page. The button on the Indexpage goes to fotopag.htm en the return button on the second page goes to index.htm. After export to htm I see two pages on my pc, 1 Index.htm en 1 Fotopag.htm. When I click on the Index.htm or Fotopag.htm file I see a good websitepage but I can't switch between the two pages. I don't understand what I do wrong. See pictures in my response. Anyone????

You must create both pages in the same project file.

They will never connect easily if they are generated separately.
    If you must do it this (incorrect) way, then the page links need to be set to Fotopag.htm and Index.htm; the file extension is essential.

Link naar internet - of emailadress is where you put phtopag on the index page and index on the photopag page.
    You have been using the wrong box (Link naar bestand) is for uploaded files not web pages.

Acorn