Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re: Adobe builds on their popularity

Quite the article. Wow. Who would have thought Adobe would do such a thing?

This is a really despicable practice if true. And it appears to be. Gonna have to try a couple different browsers myself tonight and see what happens.

Thanks for the link.

So, to get the best price, you have to use Chrome.

Well, it won't be long before you will only get best MPG from your car, if you purchase fuel from a particular garage!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

A few years ago I had an office stationery catalog and bought some stuff from it - the prices were good and I'd never ordered from them before. The next catalogue wasn't so cheap.

A bit of investigation found that the company priced their catalogs according to their market and always sent the cheapest version to those who hadn't ordered from them before.

Same kind of thing, but I didn't see it coming from Adobe.

When I first saw the article I expected to hear that they charged more if you used Safari on an Apple device..

Was it your last purchase from that company? It would have been my only purchase from them.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Was it your last purchase from that company? It would have been my only purchase from them.
    I think it was.

It is hardly surprising that Adobe CS6 is the most widely torrented software on the planet. Adobe are doing everything in their power to really, I mean really, piss off their loyal customer base, figuring "Well, they have nowhere else to go, do they?". Well in fact they do, and I've been reading about ex-loyal Adobe users leaving the strutting giant in droves. That Adobe didn't see social networking getting them busted for this is yet another reason to despise this company for their sharp practice and bullying pricing whilst at the same time being wonderfully stupid about it. That won't stop me making sure I have a full copy of CS6 backed up somewhere, but you can be sure I won't be paying rape-me rates for Creative Clown just because I use Dolphin on iPad or some other such stupid formula. They think they're thinking out of the box. I think they're going to be buried in it.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Lasted info is the Adobe has stopped the different pricing structure and placed it back to the highest one £46...odd. Me thinks if you stated that you saw the price in Chrome for £37... odd the other day and asked for the same price today you would get it. But all the large companies are doing this Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, ....etc. you buy Word in USA and see the price then check the price in the UK see what's the highest. It has nothing to do with taxes, number of people in the country or the cost of running a company in a certain country it is a digital download for goodness sake and the company is probably based in a country where they get the largest tax break (maybe that would apply to some companies).
    Design is thinking made visual.

Me thinks if you stated that you saw the price in Chrome for £37... odd the other day and asked for the same price today you would get it.

Well, I had a good try. You have to be very persistent.

I eventually settled on a year of discounted membership at £27 a month. So for me that represents a substantial saving, with a break-even on the £37 price, in two years time. Who knows what the pricing will be in another year. Adobe's experiment with differrential pricing has resulted in me saving a couple of hundred pounds.
    Last edited by pauland; 31 October 2014 at 11:44 AM.

Well done Paul and a really good price as well!
    Design is thinking made visual.