Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Disappearing Fonts?

I had a font Dauphin installed on my computer for ages. And now it's gone.

There are free download versions but it is not the same font.

Fonts.com and MyFonts.com do not have this font which makes me wonder if this is some sort of licensing dispute?

Default Re: Disappearing Fonts?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I had a font Dauphin installed on my computer for ages. And now it's gone.

There are free download versions but it is not the same font.

Fonts.com and MyFonts.com do not have this font which makes me wonder if this is some sort of licensing dispute?
    Do you have a backup you can rob the font from? Who was the foundry? Where did you obtain it?

Ah, never mind the questions.

Under that name, it was supplied by Corel Corp, likely from CorelDraw. OptiFonts also released a version named OPTIDelphinOne, likely ripped off from Bitstream who also likely ripped it off back in the 5000 fonts days when Corel supplied them.

Under the original name it is Delphin. It is available from several vendors. Adobe, Fontshop, Image Club, Linotype.

Dafont has a version named Renaiss-Italic (Regular):
    http://www.dafont.com/renaiss-italic.font

If you want the explicit URLs for Adobe, et al, let me know.

Mike

Hello Gary/members...its been a while since I visited xaraxone and alot has changed. I'm trying to work out where all my products listed have gone to...am I right in saying talkgraphics is now the newer version of XX?

I have also recently been noticing several fonts in XPGD7 on start-up continually saying that this and that fonts(being several named types) are not recognised. I would have only created the documents in this year alone and alot have vanished. I click so fast I fail to read everything it says...I will pay closer attention, it could well be I'm making a mistake somehow.

BTW love your stereograms have done for years and I FB them to friends sometimes, to teach them to de-stress heh'eh))

I can see them in seconds, but some find that very hard to do of at all. I love seeing them squirm saying so what is it>...come onnnn...
    Now off to find where all my bits are.

Veeness - The Xara Xone is still there but Gary and Barbara Bouton are now running the site. I retired a few years ago. The old Xara Xone content is there under the Archives link.

Thanks Mike for the leads. Mary needed some words in that particular font for a piece of furniture she is painting.

What is so weird is that the font, and various others have just vanished from my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...What is so weird is that the font, and various others have just vanished from my computer.
    Using a font manager? Done any Windows roll-backs? Run any registry cleaners?

Any of those means, other than actually removing/deleting fonts, is about the only way of removing fonts. Well, the Windows font cache can also become corrupt but it doesn't happen often or to many people.

FWIW, I use a font manager. The only fonts that truly remain in the Windows font folder are the core as-installed Windows fonts. The others are only installed or loaded (there's a difference) via the font manager. Those non-Windows fonts live in a folder system within the My Documents structure and as such are backed up regularly. In fact, I have a self-extracting archive in there of the core Windows fonts should anything go wrong as well too.

Mike

Thanks for the heads up Gary about XXone

In thinking about my fonts so far for eg Bastion which is missing. It possibly is from importing a Xara 1 image I've made and it wont import/recognise into XPGD7.

Using a font manager? Done any Windows roll-backs? Run any registry cleaners?
    hmm now there's a great thought...outage replaced battery scenario and my date was wrong on PC. auto restore point may have interfered. I'm not sure tho.

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/scriptorium/bastion/

A nice alternative to Cooper. It's a bit clearer, a bit better detail.