Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't uninstall Xara Pro 7

Hi, all!

Well, I bought and just installed Xara Pro 10. Now I'm trying to uninstall Xara Pro 7, but I can't do that using Windows uninstall because I can't find Xara Pro 7 on the programs list!

7 is still on my desktop, and I can totally open it and even use it - but I can't uninstall it! (See above).

Any suggestions? I'd like to get rid of 7 to free up RAM. Thanks!

Default Re: Can't uninstall Xara Pro 7

Quote Originally Posted by Toonicorn View Post
    ...I'd like to get rid of 7 to free up RAM....
    That would be to free up disk space, not RAM. Doesn't use any RAM unless you start it...

I would reckon that if it doesn't show up in the Windows Uninstall list, you would either need to run a repair or a full install again. Repair might only be an option if it was installed from DVD. Dunno about Xara applications.

Never had this issue. Do you use any utilities to clean the registry? If so, they may have removed important install information.

Mike

Thanks, Mwenz - I think I actually might have figured it out. I right-clicked on the Xara Pro 7 icon and then clicked on "Open File Location". After I found its file, I just deleted it. The program now seems to be gone- the Xara Pro 7 icon has disappeared from my desktop and Start list. Yay!

and now you have lots of Registry entries and DLLs as chaff on your system.

Dowload and run CCleaner to tidy up your system.
    Never jut delete an executable in Windows; it always ends up in grief.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

For future reference, if anyone gets this error message simply uninstall Xara using the Windows MATS tool here:

http://support2.microsoft.com/mats/p...and_uninstall/

If you still can't uninstall, drop support a ticket and we can give you the registry keys you need to delete to completely remove it from your system.

Thanks
    Rob