Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to add a Banner

I'm using Xara Designer Pro x10.
    I want to make a banner for my website. It must be a block over the website which contain a jpeg image. Once you click it to close the normal website must be visible.

Sample:http://dunloptyres.co.za/

Default Re: How to add a Banner

Two approaches:
    Create an index.htm page with the banner. Create a home.htm page without the banner.
    Link the banner close to the home page and use that as your main landing page.

Use magic: http://xara-users.info/demos/auto-popup-on-page-load/.
    An example: expanded-for-hiko.web.

I've uploaded something on TG a time back but can't find it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have tried it.
    I'm doing something wrong

When opening the website it only shows the object that I created. If I click on the object it opens the jpeg. If I click on the jpeg it closes again. I would like it to work like the site on the link.

I have tried it.
    I'm doing something wrong

When opening the website it only shows the object that I created. If I click on the object it opens the jpeg. If I click on the jpeg it closes again. I would like it to work like the site on the link.

I am sorry for any delay but try rereading your last Post.
    Not knowing what you are doing and what you have then done incorrectly is pure guesswork.

My guess is you have set the image to open as a pop-up but i don't know which approach you have tried.

Upload your attempt by clicking on the Go Advanced button in your reply.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No problem.

It tried the second option.

But in the meantime I decided to use option one. Got it right first time.

I have another question.

I have a current design. I created 2 extra variants of it. When I change the size of the tabs in the 640px variant it also changes the size in the main variant. How do I set it up not to make changes in the other variants when I make changes?

When you are talking about "tabs" are you referring to a tabbed menubar or something else?

If an object changes across variants it may be because you have selected Share across all variants.

Acorn