Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default quick shapes doing their own thing

Hi,

Testing a lot of things and finding out a lot of things does not always work as I would like it.

I know I should be scientific about it and write down every step I took to get a certain effect but I usually get the importance of this method when it is too late.

The result is that my quick shapes have got a mind of their own. Mind you they are interesting looking but not what I was aiming for.

Could you tell me what in heavens name I did and how to remedy it?

Thank you

Hélène

PS This happens when I select a quick shape and just want to draw a circle plain and simple
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quick shapes doing their own thing.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	104428  

Default Re: quick shapes doing their own thing

Well I am no expert and without any description on what steps you took.But if you create an object with quick shape it applies last fill used, then if you have a quickshape as a clip objct then the fill is clipped to object and if the fill is design may not position where expected and you have to select the fill tool and adjust the fill position and/or size
    JIm
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

looks to me like you have stroke shapes applies to the outlines, dab may be one of them?
    and they are set at a high line width relative to the object size on the stars, so the fill is being obscured
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It looks like it was all of the above!! I was in fact working with brushstrokes and linefills and bevels and so on. The smart program did keep score where I was not :-) It remembered my undertakings and applied everything I used to the quick shapes.
    When I opened my program again after having read your suggestions the problem was solved. Nice clean quick shapes without attributes.

Thank you for your quick replies.
    Hélène

This happens to all us Hélène. More than we would like to admit. But it also makes life interesting, no?