Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Complete makeover in XDP10

I just finished updating my radio station website so that it's now designed completely in XDP10 . Well having said that there are a heck of a load of placeholders, but at least it shows that it can be done, including dynamic content. Minor annoyance that I have to manually log in via FTP and change the index file extension to .php from .htm (can't figure out why it has to insist on changing it when other .php pages seem to stay that way when uploaded), but overall it's worth it as any cosmetic changes are much quicker now.

http://www.smoothjazz247.com/

Default Re: Complete makeover in XDP10

Looks great Jimmy.

I think that whatever your home page is set to (normally HTM) is what every page has for an extension.

That said, I think, and I am not sure of this, but if you want a specific page to had the .php extension, you can name that specific page in Website Properties > Page File Name.

YES! I just tried this and IT DOES WORK!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page names.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	104397  

Not working for me. The page is named index.php in the Web Page Properties but it gets renamed to index.htm when uploaded. Maybe it's because other pages do have the .htm extension. However the schedule page is also a .php because it has PHP elements in a placeholder but for some reason that remains .php when uploaded.

The associated folder also gets named index_htm_files too. However I don't rename this and it all seems to work just fine.

If you should rename the index_htm_files folder then you would need to edit each page of your site to update the references.

You can give any page a .php extention except the first page

So it seems. As I said, minor annoyance.

Anybody got any idea why? Particularly as the first page is presumably the most likely page to have PHP content.

Hey Jim,
    Interesting website, a lot packed into a small space.

We've got a non-profit jazz station (in partnership with Oregon Public Broadcasting) here in Portland. It is all run by volunteers.
    KMHD. Google it for their webpage. You can stream it if you are interested.