Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Disappeared bars, buttons, indicators..

Hi, the issue is not so dramatic like the title but could you please someone advice what to do when -

1) in XDPX9 the left buttons with the main tools disappeared, plus when also the Feather slider up on the screen:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xdpx9b.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	104318

2) in XDPX10 inspite having the Snap to object on, that blue line which used to appear when objects arrive beside each other on the same level, some not showing:

Name:	xdpx10b.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	104319

Sure I pressed something in both versions which mixed them away so it is no any bug, just would like to restore

Default Re: Disappeared bars, buttons, indicators..

First try the Button Bar (Windows > Control Bars) and check and uncheck the various toolbars.

If that does not work, try Window > Reset Current Attributes. This should restore everything but you will lose any custom toolbars you may have created.

Thanks Gary, yes problem 1) is fixed with that Reset button on the screen in Window/Control Bars

Name:	316.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	104327

Do you have maybe idea for problem 2), so briefly in XDPX10 with Snap to objects on settings, that blue alignment line never appears (this screen is from XDPX9 so where it works)

Name:	bluesnap.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	104328

Hi Zsolt,

Re: Problem #2
    Look at "Live Drag" indicator in the Help file.
    Indicator is at lower-right of Status Bar.

Name:  LD.png
Views: 182
Size:  3.3 KB

Toggle ON and OFF by double-clicking.
    ~Fred

I never knew that existed Fred. (Or if I ever did, I have long since forgotten). Well observed.

Hi Fred, thanks I neither never seen that existing, so also learnt it now.

But somehow that indicator found in the same position in XDPX10, so had to search further and it seems in Options on the Mouse tab at Magnetic snap radii the Line value was 0px, it had to be changed to 4,16px so as found in XDPX9 and then the blue line appears again

Name:	bluelinesol.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	104331

Not clear how and when I set that Line value to 0 accidentally, but doing a back test so changing back from 4,16 to 0 the blue line really disappears again so that had to be the root cause

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C View Post
    Hi Zsolt,

Re: Problem #2
    Look at "Live Drag" indicator in the Help file.
    Indicator is at lower-right of Status Bar.

Name:  LD.png
Views: 182
Size:  3.3 KB

Toggle ON and OFF by double-clicking.
    THANK YOU!
    I had been knocking head against wall for several days w/ same problem. Compared X9 (working) x10 (not working). Read all Help stuff - NOTHING found when using "snap indicators" as keywords.
    Tried Knowledge Base - NOTHING found.
    Compared all menus, settings et. between X9 & X10 - NOTHING had an effect or fixed the problem.
    Came here, entered "snap indicators" as keywords and found this thread AND this post. THIS fixed the problem where objects being moved turned "hollow" (object being moved became a dotted bounding box), snap indicators vanished, and the original dotted bounding box that indicated the objects original location had also vanished.
    LOL - then I remembered two days ago while using X10 (64 bit) I saw this icon you described and clicked to see what it did. Not seeing anything change at the time (I wasn't moving objects). I went about my business. Then you know what hit the fan.

So I wanted to relate how easy it was to screw things up as well as suggest the Xara Help be improved by linking "Magnetic Snap", "Snap Indicators", and "Live Drag Indicator" keywords. Had "Live Drag Indicator" shown up when searching "Snap Indicators" in Help, this problem would have been solved in a few minutes. I will put a ticket in to suggest this be done.

So again, thanks to this forum and its participants, this problem was solved. Thank you!