Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Custom font box

Default Custom font box

I forgot how to do this. I want to make a custom shaped font box. Anyone know how to do this?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Custom font box

What is a custom shaped font box?

What I am thinking is instead of the rectangular text box use a star or circle for example. And when then entering text it enters into those shapes and not going outside. If that makes any sense.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

This should just be posted in the graphics forum as it isn't a font question.

Unless Xara added custom shaped text boxes or the ability to change a shape into a text box in version 10, it is a pita to do in an Xara product. Search the forum for repelling text. I'm sure you will find the work-arounds, limitations, etc.

Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

This should just be posted in the graphics forum as it isn't a font question.
    Agreed and so moved into the Xara Graphic Chat forum

To further expand on Mike's answer, No Xara has not added this functionality. The work around I use for this is a cutout method. Create a rectangle that is larger than your shape you want the text to fill and also larger than the text area. create the shape you want to fill with text and place it on top of the rectangle. Select both the shape and the rectangle and Ctrl +2 to subtract shapes. You will be left with the rectangle with a hole in it make this new shape 99% transparent (Don't make 100% transparent or text repelling wont work) Now place your nearly transparent shape over your text and right click and select repel text under.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

That's what I wanted to know Frances. Thank you.
    EDIT: Mostly I was looking for an easier way than the way I was doing it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509