Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Design Gallery off-line? Again?

Hi,

I just opened XDPX10 (64 bit) and there is no Designs Gallery, nothing, nada. At the right of the screen I have the Page & Layer Gallery and that is all.

So I opened XDPX9 (32 bit), no Designs Gallery there either. But, it told me that this version was not registered for XAR or Web files. Yes it was. I have created many of both.

My understanding is that the Designs Gallery is live and one has to be connected to the internet to get the Designs Gallery. I'm obviously connected to the internet; I'm connected to TG.

I closed X9 and went back and reopened X10 and it also this time told me that this version was not registered for XAR or Web files. Funny, I have been creating and saving them.

Then I closed X10 and opened X9 again and it told me that this version was not registered for XAR or Web.......

So I..... A test for insanity is repeating the same thing over and over, each time hoping for a different outcome.

Other than the Xara server being down, the only thing that I can think of is that I upgraded my RAM from 8 to 16Gb and I'm not sure if this is the cause. Other Magix programs, like Video Pro X6 work fine.

I have seen messages recently that Xara was off-line for a while and no one had access to the Design Gallery. Is this the case right now? Could upgrading my RAM cause this problem?

Just tested with Xara P&GD9
    I get the Designs Gallery. So, what could be the problem with XDPX9 and 10? Both have up to date patches. X10 worked fine all week.

I have attached screen shots of both XP&GD9 and XDPX10 showing the differences. The first is from XP&GD9.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraDPX10 no Designs Gallery.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	104260

Name:	XaraDPX10 no Designs Gallery from X10.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	104261

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by browj2; 13 October 2014 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Just tested with XaraP&GD9 - it works

Default Re: Xara Design Gallery off-line? Again?

I respectfully suggest that you have switched the gallery off. Press shift and F10 to restore.

You can only have one of the programs registered for opening XAR and WEB files if you switch this option on for V9 then it will not be registered for V10.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hi Christine,

Thanks for your reply, but no luck. The Designs Gallery was and still is on. I clicked on it a couple of times, can't even turn it off.

When I do File, New from content catalog, I get a message saying that the Designs Gallery has to be on, go to Utilities, Galleries and turn it on (Shift+F10). But as you can see below, it was and is on. Something else is wrong that I'm missing.

Name:	XaraDPX10 no Designs Gallery from X10 Gal on.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	104263

I FOUND THE SOLUTION! Sorry, had to shout.

I tried turning off several of the Galleries but nothing would go off except the Page & Layer Gallery. Then I tried turning off then on the Fly-out bar. That did it, everything came back. Very strange!

Thanks,
    John

Great you found a solution, but bad news on Xara's behalf, it shouldn't have you leaping through hoops to do such a simple operation.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host