Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I received this response to the August tutorial but as I do not speak German, I have no idea what this gentleman's question is. If anybody can translate for me I would greatly appreciate it.

COMMENTS : Hallo Team!

Die Workshop ( Tutorial ) sind sehr hilfreich aber leider sind keine genauen Anweisungen bildlich gezeigt so dass ein Deutschsprachiger kaum versteht wie es in Xara X wirklich funktionier. Mein Vorschlag bitte auch alles in einzelnen Schritten bildlich zeigen. Ich habe versucht eine glasige Gelschrift wie im August 2002 Tutorial zu erzeugen ist aber nicht gelungen. Ich würde mich freuen wenn Sie mir eine bildliche Darstellung der einzelnen Schritte zusenden würden. Xara X ist für mich ganz neu. Xara X habe in Deutsch von Haage & Partner in Deutschland gekauft. Bis jetzt habe ich mit Corel gearbeitet. Xara X arbeitet ganz anders daher bitte unbedingt alle einzelnen Schritte bildlich die zeigen. Nur so lernt man Xara X kennen.

Danke schon jetzt für Ihre Mühe.
    Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Friedrich Baumgartner
    E-Mail: frieba@aon.at

Gary

Babel Fish gives:

The Workshop (Tutorial) is not is figurativy shown very helpfully however unfortunately exact instructions so that a German-language one hardly understands like it in Xara X really functions. My suggestion please also everything in individual steps figurativy show. I have try a glassy gel writing as in August 2002 Tutorial to produce however did not succeed. I would be pleased if you me a figurative representation of the individual steps would send. Xara X is completely new for me. Xara X bought in German of Haage & partner in Germany. Up to now I worked with Corel. Xara X works completely differently therefore please absolutely all individual steps figurativy those shows. One becomes acquainted with Xara X only in such a way. Thanks already now for your trouble. Yours sincerely

You may wish to point out to the sender that there's now a German Version of XaraX1 which he can find here.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'll do that.

Thanks Egg.

Gary

Hey Gary,

you could always point the guy towards babel fish so he could translate your great tuts into German... All it takes is a copy and paste... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

It sounds like he has the German XX and is asking that you illustrate each step of a 2002 gel tutorial because the menu options in your English and his German editions aren't so easy to match up to me.

With some co-operation from Xara I'm sure that someone could produce a screenshot menu tree of the English and German products in one document, and using layers you'd be able to see the equivalent option?

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Sorry for the late reading here...I've been busy laying in the sun to get a tan http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Fun aside, Friedrich is asking Gary if Gary (or someone else) could send him a tutorial for the gel text with screenshots, because he doesn't understand the steps of the tutorial - seems the menus in the German version are kind of different.

He has purchased his Xara X from the German distributor.

Even I didn't know there is a localized version available in Germany...

This helps? If you need someone to translate your posts, send me a mail to jens|---at---|highspeedweb.net (remove the |---at---| and replace with @)

That's all I can do for you. Don't trust Babelfish or the other robot interpreters... I've tried to use them many times when in a hurry, but the output is somewhere between hilarious and insulting.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

That's all I can do for you. Don't trust Babelfish or the other robot interpreters... I've tried to use them many times when in a hurry, but the output is somewhere between hilarious and insulting.
    Hence the phrase, lost in translation :-)

Thanks for the offer, Jens. And thanks everyone else for your help.

Gary