Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Although this post probably belongs in new gear, I'm going to post it here anyway.

I don't know about most of you, but I use a Wacom Tablet with Xara. I have the 9 x 12 tablet so it takes up quite a bit of desk space and so does the keyboard. I have desk that has a sliding drawer beneath it. Its very inconvenient to have
    keep switching from the keyboard to the tablet. The cables keep getting tangled, etc.

I just picked up the Belkin Nostromo GamePad specifically to use it with Photoshop and Painter. What it is is a small USB gaming control with 10 programmable keys.

I have programmed it for use with Xara with ctrl, alt, shift, spacebar, f,b, z,x,c,v assigned to the keys. With these buttons I can place it along side my tablet and avoid using the keyboard for a majority of my work.

It's very easy to program and very comfortable in my left hand. I guess this is probably more of a benefit to right handed people, but it's nice to have a few buttons and the tablet. I think it will help make Xara and other programs much easier to use.

Anyhow, good luck.

Here is a review of the Gamepad

Belkin Game PadNostromo Review

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Although this post probably belongs in new gear, I'm going to post it here anyway.

I don't know about most of you, but I use a Wacom Tablet with Xara. I have the 9 x 12 tablet so it takes up quite a bit of desk space and so does the keyboard. I have desk that has a sliding drawer beneath it. Its very inconvenient to have
    keep switching from the keyboard to the tablet. The cables keep getting tangled, etc.

I just picked up the Belkin Nostromo GamePad specifically to use it with Photoshop and Painter. What it is is a small USB gaming control with 10 programmable keys.

I have programmed it for use with Xara with ctrl, alt, shift, spacebar, f,b, z,x,c,v assigned to the keys. With these buttons I can place it along side my tablet and avoid using the keyboard for a majority of my work.

It's very easy to program and very comfortable in my left hand. I guess this is probably more of a benefit to right handed people, but it's nice to have a few buttons and the tablet. I think it will help make Xara and other programs much easier to use.

Anyhow, good luck.

Here is a review of the Gamepad

Belkin Game PadNostromo Review

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

I initially got one of these for all my FPS's but I quickly started programming macros and assigning hotkeys for my graphics programs. I'm even considering it for VisualStudio. I'd highly recommed it.

All Your Graphic Are Belong To Us
    All Your Graphic Are Belong To Us

You could also try the Wacom 5 Button mouse. You can turn it into a Button Box which means - obviously enough that the mouse doesn't move the curser and is so a box of buttons - something like 15 of them with all the modifiers.
    I used to use this a lot when I mostly used Painter. And it worked pretty well too!

Home sweet home:
    Http://www.squeakypics.co.uk
    http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/dc3/index.htm

I don't like the way the Wacom mouse is restricted to the tablet. I do like that it's wireless, and I'm considering getting a wireless mouse & keyboard at some point.

Also you can't use the pen and wacom mouse at the same time. That's why I recommend the Nostromo.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site