Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Hi guys,

We've got elections yesterday in the place where I live, and many people didn't vote, that's the sad true...

But anyway, the few people who decided for the others brings a hope, our candidate is 15% ahead of the second competitor.

I have already voted for Xara, maybe there is a lot of people inactive or one visit members.

Come on to vote, I didn't like the second places!!

Regards,
    Juan

Just curious. I know that many of us have voted but I would like to know if you have read this post and did not vote, why?

[ ] Do you not think Xara is the best?

[ ] Do you think another product is better?

[ ] Are you afraid your privacy will be invaded?

[ ] Other (please explain)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Sever So Humble...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Friends, Although there are over two thousand members, they are not necessarily xara users. I suspect there are probably a couple hundred regulars to this Xara forum. Many probably don't check it ten or more times a day like yours truly. Some may just drop in every week or two.
    I'd say the numbers showing up in the poll are pretty impressive. They will certainly make many visitors to that site take notice of xara. If xara had more votes than photoshop it would look like the poll was rigged. Fact is there are many more devoted photoshop users than xarans. What we lack in quantity we make up in enthusiasm!

I know most of us tell others about xara. That is good because word of mouth is probably the best way for us to help Xara Ltd. expand their user base. Keep on spreading the word!

The talkgraphics.com forums also help spread the word. A visitor to the non-xara forums can't help but be aware of xara given the cross-polination happening between forums. Gary David Bouton (moderator of the 3d forum) for instance, regularly gushes how xara is so important in his work. That can't help but influence that forum's regulars. In our word of mouth efforts it certainly doesn't hurt to tell others about the other forums - ones that at this point might be of more interest to them than the xara ones. Eventually they will wonder over here and be blown away by the quality of what we do with xara.

In the last few days I've tried a experiment at the general Gallery forum (not the Xara Gallery). I noticed that talkgraphics.com participants talk almost exclusively about computer-generated graphics. Why is that? I thought it might be productive to start encouraging a little talk about other non-computer graphics techniques. The thought was that there is the potential to open things up a bit and welcome some new users to participate. - Users who through the cross-polination will come to know xara too. As well there is so much to learn from other mediums: Just look how good the recent hair drawing tips offered by Bill Clegg are. They wouldn't have existed if Bill didn't have experience in drawing pastel portraits.

If you know any artists, sketchers, cartoonists, etc. why not tell them about the Gallery Forum and invite them to check it out. This talkgraphics.com thing can be a great resource for *anyone* interested in graphics. Spread the word.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I voted when this thread first began, and I voted for XaraX, but mainly to support the XaraX people. Fact is I don't know too much (if anything) about the other programs in the poll. I guess that doesn't really matter...

Photoshop has about 44% and Xara is closing in at 20%. Not bad.

If you haven't voted yet, please do.

And consider this: The more people who know about Xara, the more people will try (and of course buy) Xara. The more people who buy Xara, the more capital Xara will have to continue to improve this fine application. And at that rate, the next time digit takes a poll the numbers could be the other way around :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Sever So Humble...

So at 167 votes Xara has 20% of the vote and is number two behind Photoshop, and the most popular vector bases program. VVEEERRRRY Interesting!
    John D [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As a newcomer to Xara X and a long time Draw user, I considered the question "What is the best digital art package."

And in that context Xara X got the vote. Very hard not to vote any other way based on the examples in this and the Xara Gallery forum.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

5:10 pm Tues july 7. the west coast canada.
    Just came back andXar's at 20% now
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Now 20% and 175 votes

<font face="dom casual, verdana>James</font>

<font face="dom casual, verdana>James</font>

This is great! Digit is a very good mag, and they have a very balanced overview. Isn't it fantastic to see Xara in second place? When the poll is published, can you imagine how many people will look at it and go "Xara. What's that?" And then of course they'll try it. And if they have a clue - be hooked. Sorry to gush on, but I just love justice. In today's business climate it is so rare to see a small independent software house in such a strong position. And this is because they know what designers really need and take a sussed rational approach to providing it. I mean, god bless Adobe - I couldn't live without Photoshop, (I could live without the 20 second startup time) but where is Illustrator going? Give me a break! Rock on Xara.