Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My First Website

Default Re: My First Website

Welcome to TalkGraphics Bart

Nope, not too bad at all. Quite nice really. Cheers.

Hi Bart, only the home and about us navigation buttons work, the others do nothing. I like the simple style

Ciao

Roly

Thumbs up Re: My First Website

[QUOTE=Bart Plange;514297]http://www.creativecity.magix.net

Nice website and very impressive! Simple, clean but visually pleasing.

I quite like the design.

But..

The banner area seems wasteful of space. It is very tall and I think it needs to be much shorter. It won't lose anything, but the visitor will be able to see more content 'above the fold' without scrolling. There seems to be quite a gap between the menu buttons (as has been said - they don't all work) and the content below.

The font size is small. It looks too small on my computer, making it difficult to read and not looking crisp. The green on green text suffers a little, perhaps because of the small size, but definitely softer (fuzzier) on the eye compared to the white.

There's a little tension in the design styles. Overall the vibe is of a modern flat design, yet the images on the 'about us' page are of rounded rectangles, with borders and odd shadows. In places the clipping of the images inside the rectangles is imprecise, resulting in unintentional white lines (quite surprised to see this from a design agency). The shadow effects on the slideshow images and elsewhere, don't work for me. Looks a bit odd, a fuzzy boomerang.

You have some nice curves on the design, then on the about us page we have a lozenge - it seems a bit harsh in it's setting.

Your favicon is an example of a logo that just doesn't work by being scaled down to a small size. It just looks fuzzy - compare it with the google favicon. I would rework it as a more basic representation of the logo.

I'm not a real designer, but that's what my eyes tell me.

I hope that's helpful. Your site is a lot better than many I see on TG and it would work as is.

Paul

Hi everyone. Thankx for your words. Paul, thanks very much and I work on them. I appreciate it so much.

Hi Bart. I can learn from you so much things. I'm gonna try again as simply as I know how.