Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background and Pasteboard question

In Xara Web Designer 10 Premium there is a web template called Candy Floss. I and trying to figure out how they did the background/pasteboard colors. I know how to edit the colors but I want to make one from scratch and can not figure it out. Anyone know how to do that?

Default Re: Background and Pasteboard question

another way of asking would also be how to have multiple colors on the pasteboard. Example: header area one color going all the way across forever, body area one color all the way across forever, footer area one color all the way across forever.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You can drag and drop any color from the screen palette or the Color Editor onto the Pasteboard and or Page.

You could create a long narrow bitmap with areas of color that you want for a banner page and footer area. Then select the bitmap in the Bitmap Gallery and select Set Pasteboard Background.

In the attached example I added a lighter version of the background pattern for a banner and footer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

WD6 Re: Background and Pasteboard question

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

You can drag and drop any color from the screen palette or the Color Editor onto the Pasteboard and or Page.

You could create a long narrow bitmap with areas of color that you want for a banner page and footer area. Then select the bitmap in the Bitmap Gallery and select Set Pasteboard Background.

In the attached example I added a lighter version of the background pattern for a banner and footer.
    THANK YOU for the reply. I am looking to find out how to have multiple pasteboard colors. The WD 10 theme called Candy Floss is a perfect example. It has like 6 different colors and you can change pasteboard colors. Any idea?

I figured out how to edit multiple pasteboard colors!! Thank you for the reply!!!

I'll stop explaining at this point.
    To help others, why not explain what you've discovered?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

WD6 Re: Background and Pasteboard question

No Problem. Hope this helps others too!!!

1) Create multi colored strips with Rectangle Tool and cut it to the clipboard (ctrl+X).
    2) Unlock the Pasteboard background from the Page & Layer gallery.
    3) Paste (ctrl+V) it on the pasteboard and align it to the page.
    4) Right-click each strip and choose Fill Browser Width.
    5) Lock Pasteboard background.

Create your content as normal on the MouseOff layer.

(Credit for this goes to Steve from Xara Users)

Thank you for advising us all.

There are a few additional points that are useful.
    If you deconstruct the Candy Floss template and unlock the Pasteboard you will find the rectangle are centrally placed and have a very large negative x co-ordinate.

If you drop a colour onto the Pasteboard and then apply a linear Fill aligned vertically, you can double-click along the line and add any number of control points, each can have a colour applied.

The presentation is different but the final file size is much smaller.

The final technique is a reverse of the above in that you create a long thin pixel-exact image and drop that onto the unlocked Pasteboard and then right-click and set it as the Pasteboard background.

for all these approaches you can then select the background to be fixed, instead of scrolling.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat