Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Tattoo's, love them or hate them?

My personal opinion regarding tattoo's is that I totally dislike them. I hate to see a woman in particular with tattoo's.

As most members here are interested in graphics what are your opinions of the upsurge in adourning your body in permanent text/graphics?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Tattoo's, love them or hate them?

I don't like the idea of tattooing and I would never get one, but one of my daughters has one and I've come to accept her decision. I have seen very good ones that you could say are art and I've seen some horrible ones that were just a disfigurement. Thankfully my daughter got a very good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Simple looking tatoos are fine with me. Large ones, no matter how great they look, always seem to turn me off.
    IP

Yep not a fan of them either and like you Eric,bad looking on women
    Can accept it on though guys like builders and bikers.
    The most horrid are those who have them in their necks.
    Would like to see those people when they're 50/60 years old and the skin is going to hang

Hans
    IP

Marginally better than the junk that people pierce themselves with, but still extremely ugly.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

It's a young person's thing. But if they think it's cool, it's their body not mine.

I was going to get a what else, eyeball tattooed on the back of my calf a few years ago, but then I had some health issues and was on a blood thinner for a few years. By the time I was off the blood thinners the urge passed. More or less. I still might do it one of these days.
    IP

I use XDP for applying tats. Makes it easier to change one's mind or tat...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-002080.png 
Views:	404 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	103978

I could care less about one's ink--man, woman, boy, girl. Doesn't define who they are, so I don't care.
    IP

It's a personal choice, not all that important in life.
    I saw a birthday card with two obviously aged characters on it. They were having a contest in their old wrinkly age of guess what the tattoo used to be. Sounds like a great way to spend some time in the old age home when all these young folks with their tats get to that age.
    IP

I do not like tattoos! I prefer earrings
    IP

Tattoos are fine as long as they aren't on me, nor anywhere I might look. While not as stringent as East Asian views on tattoos being adorned by criminals, I have nothing positive to say about anyone piercing themselves or having tattoos put them. Historically, IME, tattoo wearers were generally scummy people (as well as most tattoo artists), that opinion hasn't really changed despite recent popularity.
    IP