Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Serif's Affinity for the Mac

Do you think that Serif will win many Mac owners with this: https://affinity.serif.com/
    Could Xara take a leaf of of Serif's development with their Zoom, Vector brushes and work in any colour space and all for £35. It also covers nearly all of the bases in the import and export filters with todays specification of their file types. If you have a look at their bitmap tool they look correct and not hidden by other vector tools. Mind you it still has a few of the things there from Draw Plus that I am not sure about, like the colour picker and the use of the top menu as the editor. I wish I had a Mac to test it for speed of use and useability and it may find old Freehand users, it may take a few users from Illustrator and it could take a few from Xara if people get tried of the way Microsoft and Windows are going.

I have posted here with this thread as I think more people will read this. It should be posted in General Graphics Chat maybe so if any mods think that this post should not reside here then please move it.
    Last edited by Albacore; 19 September 2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Wanted to add last sentence.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Serif's Affinity for the Mac

I feel this should be in off topic or Graphics Chat since it is not Xara specific. I cannot move it howerer.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I agree that off topic is a good choice so I've moved it.

I wonder if this will inspire those at Xara to finally do something about the brushes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

That's really the reason I put it in the Xara board area. I thought it has all the vector stuff that I want, that includes decent brushes and Serifs great PDF export/import filter all for £35. That must be a deal breaker for Mac users.

I'm going to put together a Xara VS Affinity feature list.

That'll be the only way the mods don't move posts about it out of sight.

Let me know if you want to help

I am sure that Xara knows about Serif's Affinity features but is you feel strongly about it why not make a comparison between the features in Xara compared with Serif's. With that knowledge you could state that in Dear Xara where many more can see the comparisons.

Didn't Kate Moir signal that they were working on a 'new' product at the time Designer Pro 10 was released.......perhaps this is a Mac version?

Quote Originally Posted by peter walder View Post
    Didn't Kate Moir signal that they were working on a 'new' product at the time Designer Pro 10 was released.......perhaps this is a Mac version?
    I really hope that they don't release Xara for the Mac as-is. There are now two great products for the Mac that offer affordable quality vector drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I really hope that they don't release Xara for the Mac as-is. There are now two great products for the Mac that offer affordable quality vector drawing.
    I certainly would be good if there was a really new innovative graphics product. Didn't Xara recruit technical folk with Cloud computing experience earlier this year?....perhaps this is related to the new product.

That would be interesting.

What I had in mind was that there are two affordable vector drawing packages available on Mac and for what they do they set a high standard.

I also love an iPad product - "Paper" by FiftyThree Inc. It's not a vector based paackage, but their recent innovation is "Mix" which allows community sharing of artwork to share and experiment with. Kind of drawing on the cloud, I guess.

Innovation in this sphere is rampant.