Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question "Select Colors to Enhance" ? ProX10

Is there is a way using the "Select Colors to Enhance" to:

1- change the selection to white or transparent
    2- create a mask

Default Re: "Select Colors to Enhance" ? ProX10

John - I am guessing here but I think the only option is the Photo Tool > Enhance options.

The Color Select/Erase is still around but hidden in the Button Palette (Window > Control Bars > Button Pallete)

I have this added to my custom toolbar for making a color transparent.

The other method for doing this and the reason why the Color Select/Erase tool went into hiding, is the new Mask & Region Tools (introduced in V9 and covered here http://xaraxone.magix.net/PGD9/)

When used with the Erase Tool & Background Erase you can more accurately erase a selection of colors as explained here http://xaraxone.magix.net/PGD9/page%203.htm

This review was for Photo & Graphic Designer but the same tools are in Designer Pro X10.

Thanks for your help, Gary.

I did find that using Photo Enchance > Select Colors and then maximising the Brightness and Contrast can, in most cases, produce a white selection.

The COLOR SELECT FUNCTON is very powerful. I wish there was one in the Masking Flyout with options in the Info Bar to: a) copy the shape (NOT the Markup Dot) and b) convert the shape to a mask. This could save a lot time in producing detailed masks.

To change the subject a bit. I see that executing Photo Enhance options automatically removes the active the mask. So if it looks like an image may call for a complex mask or multiple masked areas, I think I may create a layer specifically for storing copies of mask shapes for resuse later on by pasting them back into the Mask Layer.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You can still use any of the drawing tools in DP 10 or P&GD 10 to create a complex mask or region. It's as easy as 1,2,3!

1. Draw or trace the shape on top of your photo with the drawing tool of your choice.
    2. Cut it to the clipboard.
    3. Select the mask or region tool and right click your photo and select paste in place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.