Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I don't know which Xara software will do what I need. Please help.

I have the trial versions of Designer Pro X10 and Photo & Graphics Designer 10. For years I've been using PhotoImpact Pro 13, but it's an old app and has some bugs.
    My hobby is to design & create original card-stock models of buildings for personal enjoyment and I need a program that can do what PhotoImpact does (even GIMP doesn't do what I need and I can't afford Adobe products).

Here are the main things I need software to do:
    1: Be able to apply and freely resize patterns/textures in order to create seamless surfaces such as brick, siding, vertical wood slats, etc.
    2: "Age" the surfaces by painting transparent colors over them.
    3. Create model tabs by using rectangular boxes and then adding a perspective-like appearance.

Here is an example of a page from one of my projects demonstrating some of what I need an app to do...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back 1.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	103894
    If you would like to see photos of some of my models, you can visit my web page at PacifierCafe at Weebly.com. (I couldn't get the forum link feature to work in this post).

Please let me know which Xara product will accomplish these things. So far I've been unable to understand how to get the two trial versions to do what I need.
    Thanks for your help.

Default Re: I don't know which Xara software will do what I need. Please help.

You can do this with either program but Designer Pro X10 has more power and more features. If you can afford Designer Pro X10 then I would purchase X10.

BUT, download the free 30 day trial copy and have a go. You have 5 days and then I think you have to give Xara some information to continue with the trial.

I don't see anything there that P&GD 10 or DP S10 could not easily do. If you are just getting started with this software it may just take some figuring out how to use the tools and do what you want.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Also Xara has an offer on at the moment which will finish on 24 September for Ver. 9 for £20/$25 and it will do what you want as well: http://www.xara.com/uk/offers/photo-graphic-designer-9/
    Design is thinking made visual.