Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there a tutorial how to use magix cfx files in magix video deluxe?

I was wondering if there is a tutorial how to use magix cfx files in magix video deluxe?
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Default Re: Is there a tutorial how to use magix cfx files in magix video deluxe?

Hi,

This is probably not the best place to pose a question about Magic Movie Edit Pro (MEP), as there is a separate forum dedicated to Magix products, other than Xara and Samplitude.

MEP uses cfx files as a programmed container for information about certain styles and effects, such as Intros/Outros and styles used in creating slide shows. For example, a cfx file contains information about an Intro including the files, video, sound and titles that make up the Intro, along with any effects. When applied in the program, all of these are placed into the timeline as programmed.

It is possible to create them, but not obvious, as you will see in the link below. Basically, everything is prepared and then saved as an effect. The extension is changed to cfx. When applied by the user, all of the objects and effects are inserted as the user intended. However, Magix is able to do more with the programming of these than we can. When a user cfx is created, the files of the objects have to exist and be available when the Intro is applied, or it won’t work, which is why the video (m2v) and audio (ogg) files are in the same folder as the cfx file. If one makes an intro composed of files that are elsewhere, then the cfx will have to locate them in the same location as when the cfx was created.

Look at this thread in the Magix Info forum for a discussion that we had about creating Intros and Outros and cfx files.

Are you using MEP? If so, which version and flavour (regular, Plus or Premium)?

Default Re: Is there a tutorial how to use magix cfx files in magix video deluxe?

I use video deluxe 2015 (so regular, I guess, just bought it) and I just recently purchased 3D7(had 3D6 before), And since 3D7 is Xara software I thought maybe somebody here dabbled with and made tutorial or video about it. Just checking.
    Thanks for the link, because I still haven't figured out how to import the cfx files.

Hi,

I hadn't used 3D7 outside of MEP, and even then, not much. I just noticed a few days ago that some of the title effects in Magix Video Pro X6 (VPX6) open 3D7, so I was playing with it. It does not work as a standalone, but is embedded in the movie editing programs even though there is an executable. I was not able to make it open in MEP2014 Premium, but then I didn't try too hard.

When I select one of the Xara titles in VPX6 and it opens 3D7. I can do pretty much what I want, including exporting animations. Normally, one just modifies the titles in 3D7 and quits with the X at the top, and the program returns the outcome to VPX6. But if you want to reuse the animation, it can be exported.

You can try this in 2015 to see if it works. Go to Titles, Movement, Carousel and drag it onto a video clip on the timeline. This should open 3D7. Modify the title and close 3D7 and it should return the result to MEP. Let me know if this doesn't happen.

I took a closer look as to what 3D7 does with the cfx files. Basically, not much; see the manual. If you use 3D7 as a standalone or you want to export the avi and use it more than once, then there are 2 alternatives:

1. If you just export to avi, upon importing the avi into MEP onto a track below a video clip, there is no transparency and the title background is black. Just go to Effects, ChromaKey and select the Black button. This makes black transparent.

2. Export as a cfx. This exports the same filename with different extensions to 2 places. The avi goes to C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Xara\MAGIX 3D Maker embeded\AVI_CFX and the cfx probably goes to the project or wherever you choose in the dialog screen. Track down the avi file and drag it onto the timeline below the video clip and locate it where you want. (You can copy or move the avi file to some other folder and keep it with the cfx file if you want, like in a folder for your user titles or something.) The background will now be blue. Drag the cfx file onto the avi text object on the timeline, and voila, it makes the blue transparent. So, the cfx file just contains information required to make the background of the avi file transparent in MEP. It has the same effect as going to the Chroma key effect and clicking on the Blue button.

I should probably do a video tutorial of this as it probably would be clearer that way. Let me know how you make out.

John

Thanks for the reply, I have tried to understand but it is hard. Especially since I have been busy with my birthday(50), and this weekend we celebrate it too. And my twinbrothers have their birthday one day before mine, it has been a festive busy week. Next week I take more time for it and see if I can figure it out, Again thanks for taking the time to explain it.

Happy 50th ankhor, and to your brothers tomorrow.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you egg, finally got some good mustard now ;o)

Happy Birthday Ankhor! 50, the way I look at it is that you're 25, again. Enjoy your mustard, and life!