Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: September 2014 Video Tutorial -- Xara Photo Compositions Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Gary just an update on a post of mine last week about there being no Colour select/erase tool in XP&GD10, it only being in the Pro version, well I was wrong.

Stygg
    Gary P. reviewed both P&GD 10 and the Pro version. Sadly, I don't have enough hours in the day to warn off members from tutorials that depend on a specific version—I can hardly keep up with them myself. Check out the feature sets here.

Two more things:

1.) There's usually more than one way to accomplish something in Xara. If you look on the Page & Layer Gallery Gallery after using a Mask, for example, you'll see a Mask layer....and the hard way to replicate this is to clip or slice a shape. The Eraser tool might appear to cause permanent damage to a photo, but it's actually just clipping areas which can be restored by lassoing the control points with the Shape (Editor) tool and hitting Backspace.

2.) When in doubt, go to Control Bars> Button Palette. No idea whatsoever why tools we've used in the past have been retired to here. Happy to learn, however, they are not gone.

-g

Was not totally happy with the magnification effect so redid everything and scaled every element invidually + cloned some parts to fill the gaps and to hide the wrong sized spheres.

Still not perfect but little better I think and good time to call quits for the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mglass.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	103915  

Quote Originally Posted by theinonen View Post

Still not perfect but little better I think and good time to call quits for the day.
    Nothing is perfect, and according to your previous post, it is certainly time to call it a day and bag some serious zzzzzzzzz s!

The effect looks great!

Gary

I got round to a final image I was working on, bit late I know but better late than never I posted this image in Off Topic Chat but did more work on the hair highlights.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	104716  

I was originally happy with this Poser object—this is Jessica from Poser 6—but can't stand the amateurish rendering engine in Poser. So I painstakingly discovered an export routine that got the model into modo, which has a superb rendering engine. I wasn't happy until I got the eyes "right", and stygg, your wonderful composition makes the gal look as though she can see you, and right threough you by a half a kilometer!

Beautiful use of a photograph, nice blurring to suggest DoF.

I'd forgotten about this tutorial!

Then again, I forgot what I had for lunch.

Strike that. I jst remembered I haven't had lunch yet.

Good going, Stygg!

-g