Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All right you Mac guys that keep a PC just for Xara. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (and anybody else who wants to comment) There is a poll question "What's your favorite illustration application?" on the Graphics News site survey/poll. (http://www.graphicsnews.com/pollBoot...sults&pollID=6)

XX has blistered the voting, but there is a rabid (i.e. inertia bound & blind) Canvas/Mac addict over there that won't give it a rest. He responds to almost every comment with why Canvas is better. I've tried that tool and it is powerful, but it's expensive, slow, & flexible (i.e. incomprehensibly complex). Some of you other folks wanna take a shot?

All right you Mac guys that keep a PC just for Xara. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (and anybody else who wants to comment) There is a poll question "What's your favorite illustration application?" on the Graphics News site survey/poll. (http://www.graphicsnews.com/pollBoot...sults&pollID=6)

XX has blistered the voting, but there is a rabid (i.e. inertia bound & blind) Canvas/Mac addict over there that won't give it a rest. He responds to almost every comment with why Canvas is better. I've tried that tool and it is powerful, but it's expensive, slow, & flexible (i.e. incomprehensibly complex). Some of you other folks wanna take a shot?

He attributes Xara users enthusiasm to either us working for Xara and/or being students with PCs?

(Where's Ross Jr. when we need him to call someone a DORK! ?)

I added my comments and asked if his anynoymous posts were because HE worked for Canvas :-)

Fire away.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.png

The best way to prove it's quality to try to work hard to get better to show proofs instead of spending time in deabates about our favourite things. Xara, Canvas, PS .. whatever. As Gary once said somewhere it's a matter of what you are used to. I've been "growing up" with Xara, so that might be the reason why Xara is my favourite, but I believe if I knew Canvas or Photoshop better I would like them too.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Some of you other folks wanna take a shot?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, Ric, but no...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Fire away.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's absolutely nothing constructive I could add to that debate.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Xara is my favourite, but I believe if I knew Canvas or Photoshop better I would like them too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with Roman on this one. Much of the comment from Ric's link seems to be from the 'if you haven't tried this you haven't lived' school, but we're all different, and telling folk they haven't lived if they haven't tried Canvas (or Xara!) seems as pointless as telling them they haven't lived if they haven't tried knitting, fish and chips or standing on their heads. Take pride in what you enjoy and encourage others to try (we all do!), but don't expect everyone to be the same...

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

I wasn't trying to start a fire. Read all the postings. I was just frustrated/aggrivated with the "Yes, it is pretty obvious. All these people who either work for XaraX or did their work at school on a PC..." and "All you said is rubbish. XaraX, on the other hand is completely NOTHING! Well it is cheap since it is completely NOTHING!" comments. All I was doing was looking to get other people to post comments. I guess the "wanna take a shot?" was possibly a poor choice of words. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I wasn't trying to suggest you were trying to start a fire. It's just that I found so many of the comments so unenlightened (I did read most of the postings, BTW) that I couldn't see the point of adding to them...

'My dog's bigger than your dog' (Tom Paxton kids' song), eh?

No flame-throwing here! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Pete, Roman, et. al.

Nobody is asking you to tell this guy he is wrong and his mother sleeps under the porch and barks at passers by.

Ric was just asking for a show of support.

It is obvious to me from reading the guys post that he knows nothing of Xara and has "notions". I think Ric was just suggesting we set the guy straight.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.png

QUOTE:

... his mother sleeps under the porch and barks at passers by.

Ahhh! My stomache hurts. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my Web site!

I wrote a reply and it got lostI was disconnected meanwhile..

Just to clear some things. I was posting my reply parallel with you Gary and it was meant as a good advice for possible participants in that discussion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. I already wrote my opinion many times. It's the artist who creates, not the tool. So software does matter when you put personal prefferences into consideration. But tastes differ, and they are undisputable.

As we say here...

There is no dispute against one's taste (zest?)...

However, I'm curious to know what treatment our posts at graphicnews will get [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

roman