Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can I control the resolution of PSD import?

Click on Gary's Name and you will get options to view profile, send email, or view forum posts. Note however that you could paste a link but not an attachment unless Gary provides you with his email address.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi everyone I've tidied up and removed the duplicate posts and one of Mike's that referenced them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Hi everyone I've tidied up and removed the duplicate posts and one of Mike's that referenced them.
    Well, Post #9 might as well go away too...and this one...

I can't "publish" it (there are restrictions), but I can make it available to you through PM...
    You cannot receive/send PMs yet (post count). I don't know the number of posts until such a thing is dismissed.

Seeing how right at this minute we are both on-line, put you email into a reply and I'll grab it, let you know and you can remove it. I'll then send an email.

Mike

Good idea: (e-mail removed now)

got the email addy. Be sending an email shortly.

Mike

We have a conclusion

Mike managed to find a process that allowed the PSD file with vectors to end up as an XAR file with vectors - exactly what I needed!

The key was "Expression Design", a vector drawing package from Microsoft which is available for free. It served as a file converter in this instance. I'll add that Expression Design as a drawing package is of no interest to Xara users, and it's no longer a supported product.

The process was: PSD file => Expression Design => PDF file => Xara

Expression Design was not capable of importing/exporting the whole of the original PSD, but by selecting a few of the needed objects at a time, it just about managed to produce PDF files.

It would be a killer feature if a future Xara version had the same PDF vector import capability as Expression Design. so don't worry about migration :

Big thanks to Mike for offering up his time and knowledge - without it I would have resigned to flattened PSD imports at low resolutions.

Love happy endings. Even if they are semi-happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by aleistad View Post
    ...I'll add that Expression Design as a drawing package is of no interest to Xara users, and it's no longer a supported product.
    One thing about ED. If you use vector brushes (skeletal strokes) it is hard to beat either version 3 or 4 of ED. I prefer the interface of version 4, but both are freely available from the Microsoft web site.

There are times when nothing else but ED can save my bacon as used by Are--sometimes it is the only application I have that can be a go-between from one application to another.

Take care, Mike