Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default update Designer Pro X

Hi!

When starting up my computer (Windows64) and opening my DPX10 I got a message that an update was available. Of course I wanted to update immediately and klicked the appropriate boxes. My first attempt failed. The Magix set up window told me that: failed to read product info from..............C:
    When the programme opened anyway I checked if the update came through after all, which it did not because the programme prompted me to update the available update. The result was the same.....

BTW I only downloaded the on-line version and not the disk version. Is that what is causing the problem?

Hope you can help me again!

Hélène

Default Re: update Designer Pro X

There have been several posts of problems with the latest update. I am not sure what the problem or the fix is Helene.

I will see if someone from Xara can comment.

Hi Hélène,

What happens if you go Help / Check for Updates?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I was able to update but am curious on what this update included. Any info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Hélène,

What happens if you go Help / Check for Updates?
    Exactly the same thing. I tried that option after the first request to update (which failed)

HI Hajeem, can you let us know what your computer locale is set to please and also run Designer Pro and select help > about and let us know the version you currently have installed?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    HI Hajeem, can you let us know what your computer locale is set to please and also run Designer Pro and select help > about and let us know the version you currently have installed?

Many thanks

Hi BB2
    1) DPX10 - 10.1.2.35097 DL x64
    2) Computer locale? Huh? Did a bit of googling and did not understand much; does it have to do with the language? The Swedish Keyboard has a lot of different letters and command keys, i.e. Vi have not only the Alt key but also AltGr key to be able to select one of the THREE symbols on a key.

Hope this helps :-)

Hélène

From your answer I guess your lanuage (locale) would be Swedish (Swedish) or Swedish (Finland)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    From your answer I guess your lanuage (locale) would be Swedish (Swedish) or Swedish (Finland)
    Hi Egg

It is indeed Swedish/Swedish. So locale means language. Learning all the time :-)

Me too. I would assume that Language means Language and Locale means the area or country in which you live. What do I know?