Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Stop And Post September 2014

Interesting, I sort of have the same feelings about wallpapers as you. I keep mine simple too but mostly I do mine like I do so the icons don't get lost in the clutter. If you want I can post an image of mine.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sure go right ahead. But only post it here if you made it with Xara Otherwise post it in the off topic board

OK you asked for it. You might not like it but I so. Actually I make all my wallpapers with a large black background like this one. The image is slightly off center because of I keep most icons on the left, a few on the right but not many. I am posting one clean and one populated so you can hopefully see why I do what I do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	for my desktop 2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	103902 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	for my desktop 2a.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	223.8 KB 
ID:	103903
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Here's a Haloween drawing of been working on. The top left looks a bit empty but I need the space for some text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	haloween.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	103909  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's the grass brushes I used in the above image. It uses 3 brushes with various line widths & randomisation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the brush Egg. Your Halloween drawing looks great.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    OK you asked for it. You might not like it but I so. Actually I make all my wallpapers with a large black background like this one. The image is slightly off center because of I keep most icons on the left, a few on the right but not many. I am posting one clean and one populated so you can hopefully see why I do what I do.
    Love the space theme Also leaving the edges blank for the icons is almost a necessity imo.

Looks like a lot of work especially the renderings. I have been paying a visit to a local Tibetan temple here in Toronto and was looking at the "postcards" in the gift shop and considered how much work must have gone into them. Quite an undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by TKI View Post
    Looks like a lot of work especially the renderings. I have been paying a visit to a local Tibetan temple here in Toronto and was looking at the "postcards" in the gift shop and considered how much work must have gone into them. Quite an undertaking.
    Since there is the word 'Tibetan' in it, I assume this post is ment for me?

Great Halloween picture, Egg, love it!