Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default In between the pagebreaks

Hello,

We would like to have the desktop version of a particular site scale to fit.

I really like things to fill the screen. Any advice for how to do this?

Will the NoViewPortMeta tag do it? Other ways you recommend?

This problem does not really bother me on mobiles and tablets because of the the screen scrolling and built in scaling, which is nice.

On the other hand, the horizontal scroll bar on a desktop is a pain, and awful. Our target size is 1920 and we would prefer to not make another variant.

TIA

Nick

Default Re: In between the pagebreaks

WD10 and Designer Pro X10 have the ability to create websites and presentations that scale to fit the screen. The one caveat is the page size should be roughly square. A tall, narrow site will scale down to an impossibly small size.

I do not know of any way to do this with pre 10 versions.

Hi Gary,

Our pages are rectangular, to be a bit more clear we are spread over 3 variants 1920, 960, 480.

When viewed by say a 1600 (I was going to say 1440 but this is on the threshold so we'll use 1600 as an example) wide screen I would like the 1920 to scale down. We did this in the old days with NoViewPortMeta.

And it was a bit of a stretch when the page was very long making for issues of practicality in some situations. Can NVPM be used with site variants for scaling?

Is there a more V10 way of handling the scaling down between breakpoints?

Thanks

Nick

Have you downloaded the trial version, Nick?

I am not really sure if you can have both variants and scale page to fit at the same time, but you could create some test pages and give it a try.