Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to make a post-it look crumpled up and then flattend out with wrinkles?

I found some free textures on the web, changed the light contone and added some text. Probably kinda dingy for a post-it note though. I maybe should have made it yellower.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hello Paul.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	103611 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pos-it 2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	103613
    Last edited by wizard509; 31 August 2014 at 10:29 PM. Reason: added a yellower post-it
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: How to make a post-it look crumpled up and then flattend out with wrinkles?

Outstanding! Fellows--- Thanks a heap.

So - just an observation: I would suppose that if the sticky note got crumpled up, it would be after the text was written on it, not that someone would add text to an already crumpled up one.

I would think that some kind of crumple plugin would be a better option or whatever effect needed to happen. Of course this is all just for if you want the full realism of the crumpled up note.

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    So - just an observation: I would suppose that if the sticky note got crumpled up, it would be after the text was written on it, not that someone would add text to an already crumpled up one.

I would think that some kind of crumple plugin would be a better option or whatever effect needed to happen. Of course this is all just for if you want the full realism of the crumpled up note.
    I think you are right. I suppose that could be easily done using image skills displacement map plugin. Or am I wrong? Anyway I'll have to give it a try.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Here is one with the displacemenr map. I made the text lighter so it the crumpled look would show slightly better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hello Paul.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	103617
    Larry a.k.a wizard509