Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just got an idea and wanted to check what the time on the server is compared with local time here. I traced and found that this (the forum) server is located in Santa Clara on the West Coast.(?)

Local time here just now is November 16, 2001 20:10. Am I right when I say that Americans are living in the past? ;-)

Øystein

http://www.heimesider.com

Indeed, but only if you accept the arbitrary fact than the Greenwich meridian is *the* starting point.

William Armstrong wrote:
    "If you load your background image into a paint package, you can use the magic wand tool (or a variant of it) to get an average colour of all the pixels in the image. Set the background in Xara to that average and then do your export."

During testing we played around to see how close a color match for the background you needed. We were surprised how far apart the colors could be without it being noticeable. An approximately color worked fine.
    As for time zones: Xara's headquarters is located very slightly west of the Greenwich meridian. That being so, what other starting point for time could there possibly be?