Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Twitchy Web pages

My Website http://www.dalesrenewables.co.uk/index.htm has developed a severe twitch whenever a new page is loaded. Any clues on why and how to stop it? It is annoying the heck out of me. (Twitch)...

Default Re: Twitchy Web pages

Hi Derek

Your post was placed in moderation because you are a new member and your post contained a link. It is approved now.

I have no idea what is causing that shift. This can occur if your pages are different lengths and one page scrolls and the other does not.

Check back. One of the other members might have a better idea.

Hi,

I can't see the twitch on your page, however there is a known problem where pop-up layers with transitional effects causes a page to shift on load. Do you have any pop-up layers with transitions applied to it?

Thanks
    Rob

I've been getting that shift too on a few sites and didn't know what was causing it.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Rob - Go to News > Latest Solar VP Tarrifs

Or better still, refresh the page. In Firefox is shifts to the left and then back.

Also in Chrome...

Arh now I can see it.

Yes, caused by the transitions on your pop-up layers. Whilst it has been logged and is being looked into, we don't have any work-arounds. Only way to stop it is to remove the transitions (set to instant). Apologies for the inconvenience

Thanks
    Rob

Hi everyone , I have created a few websites and even if the pop-up layers are set to instant, the pages are still shifting...
    any advice about this...

thank you...

There will be something on you page with a transition applied to it. If you want, send your .web/.xar file to http://support.xara.com and we can identify it.

This has been fixed internally, we're just waiting for it to be deployed via a patch.

Thanks

This has been fixed internally, we're just waiting for it to be deployed via a patch.
    Yay
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.