Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Adding and keeping the Pen tool on the Toolbar

See? There's a small(er) community of Xara artists who prefer the Pen tool enough to seek it out, and use it along with the Shape tool, but not solely as their drawing tool.

Anti-diversity doesn't help a company, IMO. It's sort of my understanding Xara originally put the Pen tool into early versions of Xara to woo the CorelDRAW artists away, and now that it's done what it was meant to do, it's hidden, but not deleted because I think that might impact on the program code.

It's not as though there isn't room on the toolbar for a Pen tool, and I've been asking to get a B-Spline tool for half a decade, because it's an excellent (but vertical) tool is you want to create flawless calligraphy, true French curve curves, and a B-spline can be modified dramatically simply by dragging on one single control point.

I'd in general like to skew more toward the drawing tools and features than take this unilateral course toward more web stuff in future versions.

Replace the Pen tool if you've got something better, or even if you have a cool new website-building feature that edges out the Pen tool on the Toolbar, but don't just hide it and then make the Registry entry vanish the thing every session.

You know, car manufacturers are bottom feeders in general. But hiding and barricading a tool a lot of people use is running neck to neck with GM .

Gary

Agreed, Gare, both on general principles and as a long-time aficianado of the Pen tool.

Damn it, I say we riot!

Naw, Rich: I say we storm the castle and bring umbrellas in case the guards pour molten lead down from the turrets.

Seriously, why hide the Pen tool other than to wean customers off of it?

Not the sort of reorganization Xara Designer is overdue for.

I'd like to see the program leapfrog over Illustrator and CorelDRAW instead of playing catch-up with the Shape Builder tool, and Eraser tool.

I mean no offense to the engineers, sincerely. I know where my orders come from as a freelancer, and that applies to everyone in business who isn't the CEO.

I wish the "Dear Xara" area was taken more to heart. A lot of it is personal needs, but some of it resonates in a much larger sense, like the Beloved Pen Tool.

:)

My Best,

Gary