Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Problem Installing DP X10 from DVD

I installed the DVD version which arrived this morning. However, after what appears to be a successful installation, I receive the error message "Could not connect to DPE4.dll" when the program starts.

I uninstalled the previous downloaded version first.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Default Re: Problem Installing DP X10 from DVD

No real idea but you are sure you installed the right version (32-bit or 64-bit) for your machine?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes - definitely. I'm running Win 7 Pro x64 and selected the 64 bit version of DP.

Exactly the same thing happens on another machine I've just tried it on.

Just did a computer search for DPE4.dll and I couldn't find anything.
    Internet hinted it was spyware but it always does for dlls.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

There was another person today with an error message [only it was XPE4.dll] and another from Avast! quarantining the file cambridge32.exe - this has to do with 32bit plug-ins on 64bit machines [cam[elot]bridge]. Might be the same issue which caused a problem or two in WD10 at first apparently. The DVD may not be the latest version so doing Help>>Check for updates... might help :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I turned off Avast Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes, but still have the same problem.

Unfortunately I can't check for updates as I cannot run the programme.