Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to export multiple images

Hi all.

Let me post a small (but quite important) question for which I have not found any answer on the web:

I am using Xara do draw multiple images (buttons etc) and store them in one .xar file.
    All images are named.

What I would need is a way how to select all (or some) images and click somethign like "export all to png",
    which would create one png for each image according to the name of object.
    Exportign one by one is quite annoying ... :/

Is there any way how to achieve this?

Thanks and enjoy drawing! :-)

Default Re: How to export multiple images

Simply export the page to a known folder.
    If the page is called index, there will be a folder called index_htm_files.
    In that will be all your Named pngs.

I am sure someone else will remind me what the setting is to ensure all the images are pngs automatically.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

that's a 'web export' - right? worth pointing out for those who are not doing web docs
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    that's a 'web export' - right? worth pointing out for those who are not doing web docs
    Quite right, File > Export Website... or File > Export Supersite...

Even so, in Preview web page, if you open a browser window, you can even drag to a folder and the item is copied with its name. YAXS.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I do not know of any automated way, but if you put each image on a new layer and export as PNG there is an option to export each layer as a separate png.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export on layers.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	103459  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have used Acorn's method before and it works OK, but there is a but. Basically you want to go File > export and choose website(HTML) from the file type list or click the publish icon and select the HTML button on the flyout. Save the exported website to a local folder on your computer. Inside that folder look for the index_htm_files that Acorn mentioned. Your files will be numbered and here is that but, there will be two for each image. One will be at 96dpi and one will be at 192dpi. As this is a website export you get screen resolution images. so if you are going to use the images for web/screen use this is quick and easy and you get the two different resolutions.

Gary Priester's method is great for images that you might need for print documents as you can set the resolution as high as you want. You just need to create your own folder and export into that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I have read 7d7's post several times now and with the exception of mentioning web as in searching the web, I do not see where he/she is referring to saving PNGs for the web. Please tell me what I am missing here? Software listed in 7d7's profile indicates Designer Pro 9.

And by the way, welcome to TalkGraphics 7d7.

the png method you mentioned Gary has been around for ages - I thought of mentioning myself, you got there first

it has it's limitations 'export each layer to a file of it's own' may not be helpful if they are all on one layer for example [and there are lots]

I have never tried the 'web export' route but I understand it works for exporting whether for web or not - but I can see it might have resolution issues...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

7d7 mentioned creating buttons which I would assume is web site buttons. For web buttons you would need to soft group each one and use the html method

And yes the export each layer to a file has limitations when you have a lot of images all on one layer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks for your answers.

Just doing graphics for my small game, I have resized all my images and need to export them again. The web export would be kind of ok, if it was using names not numbered images ...
    I would need to export "shine.png", not "119.png" ...

Even I have quite a lot of small images - I think I will try to use the layer way.

But anyway, if somebody who could influence next version features reads this, this would be quite simple and nice-to-have functionality :-).

thanks.