Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem Installing DP X10 from DVD

I installed the DVD version which arrived this morning. However, after what appears to be a successful installation, I receive the error message "Could not connect to DPE4.dll" when the program starts.

I uninstalled the previous downloaded version first.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Default Re: Problem Installing DP X10 from DVD

No real idea but you are sure you installed the right version (32-bit or 64-bit) for your machine?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes - definitely. I'm running Win 7 Pro x64 and selected the 64 bit version of DP.

Exactly the same thing happens on another machine I've just tried it on.

Just did a computer search for DPE4.dll and I couldn't find anything.
    Internet hinted it was spyware but it always does for dlls.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

There was another person today with an error message [only it was XPE4.dll] and another from Avast! quarantining the file cambridge32.exe - this has to do with 32bit plug-ins on 64bit machines [cam[elot]bridge]. Might be the same issue which caused a problem or two in WD10 at first apparently. The DVD may not be the latest version so doing Help>>Check for updates... might help :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I turned off Avast Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes, but still have the same problem.

Unfortunately I can't check for updates as I cannot run the programme.

Adding to Zaphodeist's reply "check for updates" and you cannot do this, I read somewhere that with such a problem you have, it is better to install the download version as it will have all the latest updates. I had to do this one time with XP&D7 and it worked fine.

Stygg

Thanks for the reply. I've installed the download version and it works fine.

I've also copied all the clipart, fonts and fills over from my X9 installation.

Obviously it's a successful workaround, but I will wait to see what Xara say about the DVD problem.

I'll post their answer here, in case it helps someone else.

At least your up and running and if I remember when I had the same fault, I submitted a ticket and the reply was that they thought I had a corrupt DLL file in Win32 and the download version was the best option, which it was, so please let us know what Xara says about your DVD. Funnily enough I re-istalled XPG&D7 from the DVD after I installed XPG&D10 and it works fine, go figure

Stygg

Problem solved. I am using Avast Anti-Virus and it had blocked Cambridge32, so Xara advised me to add an exception in Avast for this file.

Having said that, it looks like Avast have removed the false positive from their definitions now because it installed fine this time, without me having to add an exception.

Thanks for your help.