Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: How to export multiple images

Even using the layer method you would still have to tediously name each layer before export, just as with the html method you would need to re-name each file (and you will have twice as many because you get two different sizes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Actually when I have two layers, one named "aa" and second named "bb" and export document to "sprites" png with "export each layer to a file.." option, my images are called "sprites aa.png" "sprites bb.png".

I can live with that :-)

I failed to see the sense in exporting as a website. Though I think you would still need to convert all your graphics to bitmap, set the resolution was you needed, then optimize all images to PNG at the desired resolution.

Then if you want each png to be named you need to add a name to each image using filename="image-name" and each bitmap needs to be optimized separately unless you want all images to be JPEG.

Seems like as much work as exporting each image separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I am sure someone else will remind me what the setting is to ensure all the images are pngs automatically.Acorn
    Found it: http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...rting-as-html; simply add 'png' as a Name.
    having now played with Gary's approach but exporting images from different layers, it has great potential.
    In the Page and layer Gallery, repeated clicking the New layer button creates as many layers as you need.
    I then dragged each object to its own layer.
    I found that you need to centre all the objects else you get a lot of padding.

Thanks Gary,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Export the page to a known folder.

ok, here is what I have ended up using:

- putting each image into a separate layer
    - setting a name to each layer, for example "menu_button"
    - exporting the whole picture as png with "Export each layer to a file of it's own" option to a specific file name, for example "sprites"
    - menu button file will have a name "sprites menu_button.png" and will contain the whole size transparent page area with menu button somewhere inside it
    - using Imagemagick command line under linux, following script renames and trims the images:
    for file in *.png; do rename=$(echo $file | sed 's/^.*\s//'); convert "$file" -trim +repage $rename; rm "$file"; done

not really elegant solution, but it works :-)

thanks all for your suggestions.

cheers.