Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: DP10 DVD

Default DP10 DVD

Anyone know when Xara intend to ship the DP10 DVD?
    Grant

Default Re: DP10 DVD

Guess what just dropped through my letter box!
    Grant

Sorry for the delay in shipping, we have to wait for the DVD's to be mastered and then shipped to us before shipping them out

He's a nifty postman as I've just got mine.
    I forgot when I upgraded a DVD was in the price.

A manual of 651 pages. Page 1 declares it to be 64-bit but I am sure it reads well for 32-bit.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

A general question that comes up every version.
    • Having installed from the Web, what will I lose if I re-install from DVD?

A specific question.
    • I wish my Design gallery to access the disc designs on the DVD, without installing all over again. How?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    A general question that comes up every version.
    • Having installed from the Web, what will I lose if I re-install from DVD?

A specific question.
    • I wish my Design gallery to access the disc designs on the DVD, without installing all over again. How?

Acorn
    Hi,

1) When uninstalling DP10, you get asked whether to keep the backup and content folder (AppData - all the downloaded files and automatics backups. the designs gallery gets installed locally anyway so no point keeping that but backups you may want to save), you can select to either keep or delete this. It also deletes the registry entries on uninstall so you'd lose all your settings, like recent files, custom bars etc. I would suggest making a backup of this if you wanted to keep it.

2) Unfortunately not possible, the data on the disk isn't stored in conventional .web/.xar files that you could copy over. It gets installed as well to a different location to where you download files from (downloaded files go into AppData, installed goes to the installation directory).

Thanks
    Rob

Hooray mine came in too, but I didn't see a voucher for the extended magix website thingy.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

That should be in the email you received on purchase. If it didn't come through, drop sales a ticket and they can resend your email.

Thanks

I purchased through my bankaccount,so that might have gone wrong because of that. I drop em a line.
    be aware, not to become a ware.