Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Centimeters forever

Hi, as you probably know a default template with pixel units will make Xara create all groups with pixel units. And a centimeter template will let it create all groups with centimeters. Yep, and there's no way back.

Now I made that mistake again (! sadly), designed stuff with several hundreds of groups and when I start exporting I realize I had chosen a centimeters default template. Yeah and I can't get the centimeters leave me Every group is contaminated with centimeters.

Ok, so I chose the centimeters default template and decided to correct that mistake. Problem: It's impossible. I open the group, select pixel units from the options, save the "document" (the group) and it's pixel units. I go out of that group, go in again, aaand it's centimeters again. It can't ever be changed.

Conclusion: Once a group is created, the units setting is taken from the default template and is saved *forever*, and can't ever be changed. And I'm screwed.

Default Re: Centimeters forever

PS: Just tried creating a fresh Xara document and a fresh group. And I'm not even able to create it with pixels units set. The main document does it right, it starts with pixels, but every group I create will have centimeters unit. Whatever they changed in X10, now I don't get the default units thing anymore at all. I could get this part work in X9 I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pork View Post
    Ok, so I chose the /c/e/n/t/i/m/e/t/e/r/s/ default template and decided to correct that mistake......
    I meant pixels there. All I ever want is pixels.

sorry for bumping, no clue how to edit the post

yes I see that - bad news - happens in XDPX10... 35097

in a nutshell : when you have a default document with pixels set, the pixel units do not persist when editing a within a group

could be a knock on of the squash group behaviour changes

since I use a pixel unit default template this would be really annoying to me too - as it happens i have no intention of upgrading - but i will mention this in Dear Xara, it needs fixing

it works ok in ver 8 - I don't have version 9 to check
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

ok xara are onto it, hopefully they will get it sorted...

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...n-xdpx10-35097

hopefully too ver 11 will be packed full of drawing improvements... but that's for next year....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    hopefully too ver 11 will be packed full of drawing improvements... but that's for next year.... :)
    That's what support hope as well :) Out of curiosity handrawn, whats the biggest or absolute must feature/improvement for you to see in V11?

ah - putting me on the spot eh?

that deserves some serious consideration, together with reasons why - I'll go and put a reply together.. bear with me
    Nothing lasts forever...

Nothing lasts forever...

Handraw, if you can still edit your post in Dear Xara, add "for version 11" or something like that to make it clearer what your thread is about.

Rob asked me what my highest priority was for version 11...

can't edit too late - but have linked back...
    Nothing lasts forever...