Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Content Catalogue Assistance

Same problem here. I didn't notice because I haven't used the design gallery in a few days. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Well, the connection is back.
    Luckily, i didn't have a client in an interactive session.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Phil, thank you for the detail.
    • Content Catalogue - this is self-evident as it is an on-line resource.
    • Designs gallery - is there no local caching of these assets at all? I don't mind an initial download and a check on next use but it seems to be for every new design document. I have earlier versions of Xara products (still installed) so is it simply a Disc designs... link to these? As I have just gone for download upgrades in recent times, do I get the same as earlier if i had purchased a CD? Can this CD be bought separately against an earlier download order?
    • Web Export Options - this was a surprise. Why is this linked to the Internet?
    • Content Installer - "The content installer adds additional content that is not included in the free trial. That includes additional fill styles for the Fill Gallery and more spell checking dictionaries for other languages. It does not include any content for the Content Catalog / Designs Gallery - this is downloaded instantly on demand, but it does install into Windows fonts that are used by that content." Would this not solve disconnection and off-line working situations?
    • Publishing - I chose to use a separate uploader as I can Export a site, preview it locally and on a local web server and choose to upload at my own convenience.
    Hi,

Content Catalogue - Yes, all online
    Designs Gallery - Thumbnails and content is cached, so if you download an item and go offline, although the designs gallery will show as offline you can still open items you have already downloaded. Like you say, there is a check to see if there is a newer version available from the content servers but it will use the local version if this is not available or if the version on the server is the same. If you install from the disk, all content from the designs gallery (bar premium template and packs) are available.
    Web Export Options - Yes Online. There is reasons why this is designed the way it is (I know, not useful for offline or when there's problem with connectivity)
    Content Installer - This should install additional fonts, fills, dictionary definitions and others locally

Thanks
    Rob

rob, thanks for confirming my guesses.

I actually have a client where I was intending to sell XDPX10 as part of a package.
    Luckily it is next Wednesday and noy yesterday as I was going to showcase the power and simplicity of the product.

Xara's got to go down a CDN path surely? I do for my published sites for built-in resilience.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat