Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blends & Fills

Default Re: Blends & Fills

Hi GP, nice technique, thanks for sharing.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You're right and I appreciate the heads up

@ cshez I did a comparison and X3D has 35 bevel types and XP&GD, 9&10,and XDPX have 27. of these 27 all are the same as those in the X3D programs. I rarely use the X3D programs anymore but there are tunes when they are better at certain things. For instance the X3D programs allows you to create screen savers, and also have many animation types which the Xtreme series of programs do not seem to possess. On the other hand the Xtreme series makes a few things possible that are not using the X3D programs. So the two compliment each other.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Here is an example of 3d text given bitmap fills, done in DPX10 64bit (but could be done in earlier 32bit versions) I used very nearly the same technique as gamerprinter. I've attached my .xar (which includes two seamless textures) for anyone who would like to disect it for learning purposes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wood text.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	103429  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    @ cshez I did a comparison and X3D has 35 bevel types and XP&GD, 9&10,and XDPX have 27. of these 27 all are the same as those in the X3D programs. I rarely use the X3D programs anymore but there are tunes when they are better at certain things. For instance the X3D programs allows you to create screen savers, and also have many animation types which the Xtreme series of programs do not seem to possess. On the other hand the Xtreme series makes a few things possible that are not using the X3D programs. So the two compliment each other.
    Larry thanks very much for your check, so the X3D has more bevel types and there are some differences comparing to XDPX10, good to know

You are most welcome cshez. Today has not been a very good day for me so glad to see your reply.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.