Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Alien skin Xenofex not working

I just recently purchased Photograph and Designer 10 and have successfully downloaded and installed it. I then tried to load my Eye Candy 4000 and MY Alen skin Xenofex plug ins. They both showed as successfully installed and eye candy 4000 is working perfectly but I can't get Xenfex to work at all. I recently tried to use the flag option which does a great job of giving an image 3 dimensional qualities. I select the image and then click on the flag option. Nothing happens at all. I've tried uninstalling the program and then reinstalling and reinstalling Xenofex to no effect. Anybody got any suggestions?

Default Re: Alien skin Xenofex not working

The only thing I have is Filter Forge and it works like it did before, so I'm no help. Maybe Angelize will drop in and give some insite.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi, unfortunately I don't have Xenofex to test with, but Eye Candy 6 and Snap art 3 both work fine for me. Xenofex was phased out and it's doubtful that Alien Skin will still support it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Angelize I appreciate the quick response, but Eye candy 4000 loaded and worked perfectly and I think they are from the same org. I just can't figure out what's going and the plug-in is very useful with some stunning effects like making a flag look like it's waving in a breeze. I would like to get that ability back. Thanks for your input.

Manny

I had the same problem until I re-installed by right clicking and selecting "run as administrator." After that...no problem. (I am assuming your setup includes the plug-in directory where they are installed.)

Angelize...nice new pic!

I tried your approach and reinstalled Xenofex 2 by right clicking and running as administrator. When I opened Designer 10 and selected the Fx option the drop down window actualy showed the Xenofex was there but when I tried to apply it to the image the screen flashed like for a nano-second as if it were trying to apply the affect but then nothing happened. I don't get it. When I bought Designer 10 I downloaded it from the internet and also ordered the DVD. Is it possible that the copy I downloaded was somehow corrupted during the download process. I don't have any other answers.

have you right clicked and run as administrator for XP&G10 as well?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If I recall after installing Xeno as administrator, I did have to close everything down and run v10 as administrator. I have both Eyecandy and Xeno working fine on the 64 bit Xara 10.

Manny I don't own any eyecandy software but I downloaded an old installer and ran that as administrator and told it to install it in XP&GD10/Xara Picture Editor/PS plugins and it worked fine, at least the flag did, don't know about the other selections. What I ended up with was Xenoflex 2.6.1078 32 bit version. I only have the trial so can't keep it long but if you are trying to run the 64 bit version in there is one, I cannot help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xeno trial.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	103207
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.