Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New themes

Default New themes

Every theme I open - either web or presentation - has the first page blank and show the second page as the index even though it is labeled "page 2". Also, on the presentation themes that have a colored background, that background is not there when I drag/drop it onto my page.

Also, these are web presentations - can one run one of these presentations without being up on the web? Part of the parts of the presentation are not even on the page with I drop they in. When I move the arrows onto the page and then "preview" and click on the rt. arrow, it skips all the way to page 15. From there clicking on any arrow does nothing.

Also, when I preview on my laptop only a part of the page shows - I need the whole page to show through a projector.

I have a presentation to give at the end of the month and thought I could use Xara but without some way to use it "off web" it does not seem possible. - jb

Edit - also, on the preview, the index page (page 2) arrow key that takes you to page 15 only works once - once at the bottom none of the keys work again.
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: New themes

Hi jb,

If you open a web document you have a single page. If you then drag and drop a web template onto this page it opens all pages PLUS your blank page.

Instead of doing it this way, open the designs gallery & double click on the "website" and that will open a new window.

Don't know about web presentations, never used them.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: New themes

Ah - tks Egg - - why does Xara tell you to drag and drop it on a page? - jb

Edit - closed all other windows in Xara and then clicked on template and rt. clicked and selected "open" - loads the template without the blank first page and everything is in it's proper place and works as advertised on preview.
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com