Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: changing areas of a photo

Thanks boy. No, did you see the video above?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I would just put another same picture on top of it, darken it and with transperancy tool only show the darkened photo on top over the bottom one until it is right Arrow slider from left top to end lightened area.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Tried that originally ankhor but I couldn't achieve a decent result
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thanks boy. No, did you see the video above?
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Tried that originally ankhor but I couldn't achieve a decent result
    I hadn't but now I have. Seems a bit laborious -- I would follow Ankhor's approach and fiddle some more -- but the result looks great.

Egg, that is amazing. I am always impressed with what can be done with Xara if someone knows the program like you do.

BUT - the obvious question is, WHY does one have to go through all that you did here just to touch up and lighten areas of a photo? I have not tried it but someone told me it can be done on an iphone. This is something Xara should have had years ago - and we still don't have it.

Again, tks for you help and time - I have a couple of other photos that have areas that need to be improved but they would not be able to be done as you did this one - they are peoples faces and area around them that have been lightened much as this photo had been done but there is no way to cut/slice and move to other areas of the photo. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Cheers jb. There are definitley photo manipulation software that can do this better but a lot more expensive than Xara. My workaround is specific to this photo.

I have not tried it but someone told me it can be done on an iphone.
    An iphone is just another computer, such statements tend to say "I can do this on my mobile phone, which I can't do on my desktop".

Xara has always been at concept a vector drawing program not a bitmap painting program. The fact that the two have become blurred (not to mention the web design & desktop pulishing options) then you have no reason for complaint.
    Egg