Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Responsive website ( www.aquarelyvonnehoek.nl)

For some years now I have used Xara designer Pro for the construction of my website.
    Now with the new Xara Designer Pro X10 I tried to build a responsive website on three sizes.
    In the preview it work well with websites like Opera, Chrome and Explorer but the moment I tried to open the uploaded version on my iPad it shows ok on the portrait format,
    but not on the landscape size. In the latter it seems to cut of the second half of the website.
    Could anybody give advice on how to correct this. A general reaction on the website would also be very welcome
    Thanks in advance

Pieter Hoek
    www.aquarelyvonnehoek.nl
    Last edited by gwpriester; 12 August 2014 at 12:28 PM. Reason: added URL

Default Re: Responsive website ( www.aquarelyvonnehoek.nl)

Hello Pieter

I added the link to your message as it is appropriate to this thread.

I think the problem with the iPad you mentioned is a known issue, but I am not sure. Maybe one of the Xara people will have a suggestion/solution for this.

I don't like the gel style buttons. They look very out of date. I would use simple rectangular buttons. The gel buttons draw my attention away from the content. Simple navigation is better.

Thank you Gary for your comments. I hope I will get a follow-up from other Xara experts. I am going to have a look at changing the buttons style. Thanks again

Hello Pieter. Firstly can I say how beautiful and finely detailed Yvonne's work is.

This is a supersite and I found it very difficult to understand what was going on on the iPad. In Landscape the bottom of the page wasn't showing and trying to swipe down just opens the next page etc. I don't know why the pages don't scroll down. In the portrait mode you can see the whole length of the page and it does appear to be slightly cut off on the right hand side, having a white background as opposed to your reqired grey background. It also only contains a single home button which to me works better with swiping a supersite.

What resolutions are you creating your site in?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello Egg Thanks for your friendly comment. I am proud of the supertalent of my wife, that's why it is a pleasure to develop the website. My problem is, (being an amateur) that I encounter problems which I often have difficulty to understand let alone to solve.
    Can you tell me how I can find out in what resolution I am working with my site? I most of the time follow the suggestions of Xara. I used the single home button following the new possibilities for the responsive website. I am looking into the buttons style anyway, following the suggestion of Gary

Go Utilities/Options/Page size and note the W & H
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

HI This doesnt look like a responsive website, its a supersite with fit to screen enabled.

Please can you submit a support ticket and attach your .web file so we can take a look

many thanks

Maybe you touched the heart of the problem. In the variations of the website the page size is based on portrait, I suppose I have to give it a try changing it in landscape. I will let you know if this solved the problem.

I will do that. kind regards Pieter Hoek

I tried to submit a support ticket but it didn't work. Can you please tell me how to do that?
    Kind regards Pieter Hoek