Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re-Desiging my Out Dated website!

I own PassthePuck.net and I have been using Tellix for years. Now I bought Xara Web Design 10 and I'm going to be revamping my whole web site which currently has over 500 pages...or so! In the past, I have found that with Tellix, I had to design my web site in sections and then marry then together with links. This was because each section would up load faster. I have found that this is also holds true with Xara Web Design 10.

Now, I have a several sections on main web pages with each drill classification. Example: Developmental, Basic, Advanced. Each category is broken up into Headings; Skating, Passing, Shooting, Checking, Tactics, Full Ice, Half Ice, Goalie, & Cross Ice Drills. Each Heading has Multiple drills any where from 15 to 100 drills per heading.

Example: Under tactics heading, one might find drills labeled: 1 on 1, 2 on 1, 3 on 1, 3 on 2....and so on.

But, I would like to use a Photo gallery to add all the drills, have the end user click on the drill where it will enlarge to see it better when they do a mouse-over and then have the end user, the ability to drop & drag that drill into a predesigned form that they can then print out and take it with them to practice. Is there a way to make this drop and drag work feature work?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Default Re: Re-Desiging my Out Dated website!

Hi Coach

Who is your audience? And are you offering your coaching for free or for money?

My first thought is why do you need so many tutorials? Given people's extremely limited attention span, I think if you culled your content down to say the most important 10 drills per category you be offering your visitors a lot of good focused advice without icing his and her enthusiasm.

Can you explain more how you want to use a photo gallery to display the drills? I'm not quite understanding this. (Maybe this is why I spent a lot of time on the bench).

But I was thinking about reinstating a fee to use again, but I was thinking about selling per drills. Have you seen this web site 123rf.com? You buy credits for so much money, and then as you purchase the photos, for 4 credits each, it reduces the number of credits you have left. When you run out, you buy more credits. So I want to do the same thing.

I found a photo galley that when you put your cursor over the picture, it increase the size for you to look at it. But I have found that you can't link that photo to another page. If I were to post a single photo by itself without it having a cursor enlarge, then it works...here an example: http://www.novusmedicalgroup.com/wellnessalliance.htm

You will see that I was able to link this picture to another page. But if I use a premade widget from Xara that is a photo galley...it will NOT allow me to link photos in that galley to another page. Here is an example of the Photo Galley I am interested in. http://themes.xara.com/5_column_gallery_slideshow/ You will see that when you click on the photo, it enlarges...very cool.

Now, what I would like to do, is have the end user, click on the drill to read it to see if he would like to select it. Now, I need to design the webpage in such a way to keep the user from downloading the drill to their computer. I have seen some type of code you can add to keep users from copying JPG's to their computer. But once they buy the drill with credits and they select the drill they want, I would like for the user to move that drill, over to a "Practice Planner". This Practice planner would allow room for 8 drills on one page. Each drill would cost 1 credit each, credit is worth $0.50, So for $20.00 the user will get 40 drills. Or, they can buy all 400 drills for $250

Now, is there a way for the end user to select that photo and drop and drag it to a predesigned "Practice Planner" form?

Those are simple pop-up photos.

Create your content. Create a Bitmap Copy. Reduce the bitmap to a thumbnail size and set the Image > Pop-up Width to the original size.

The pop-up happens automatically in the browser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pop-up.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	103281  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oh...good stuff! Now let me ask you just one more question. Have you heard of a "LightBox" form? If not, I just found out what one is and I am wondering if you can give me some advice. The lightbox form is designed to work the second someone comes to my web site. It "kind of" forces them to sign-up for a news letter. see this link: http://www.jotform.com/help/220-How-...-Lightbox-Form

What I would like is to have the user come to the site, for 5 seconds, then this form will pop up for them to fill out for a news letter. I found out how to delay this pop up form here: http://www.jotform.com/help/203-How-...-Lightbox-Form

Now my question is this: "How do I add this script?" I'm not sure it goes in a placeholder because a placeholder goes actually on the page and I want this form on the Index page when they come to the site. but I am not sure where to place it. Can you tell me how to make this Lightbox form work?

Thanks in advance!