Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default supersite problem

I open an new page, change it to 960 and drag and drop a supersite over.

There is nothing on the first page and on the second page the top part disappears off the top and under the first page. The bottom goes off and over the third page.

I can find no way to fix this. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: supersite problem

jb, have a look under Utilities > Options and see if your site has Pages set as All pages in website the same size.
    This should be unticked.

After loading delete the first page and rename the new first page to index.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK - did that with the pages I already had open and then open a new page and set as 960 and dropped the supersite onto it. Deleted the first page - which was blank - and can now see all of the SS pages - everyone goes off the page at the top and bottom just as before. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Hi Jeb, the best way to load a site is just to open new page, open the Design Gallery, select the required web site theme you want and then select the "website" option.

I do believe Xara needs to differentiate between Super Sites (which I don't like and Standard sites within the Design Gallery).
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, I have found only 2 ways to get the theme onto my new page - drag and drop or right click and "open".

In either case, I have the same problem as above.

If I go to cut the blank first page it comes up with a message "This document has links to the pages you are trying to delete. . . . " Since part of the second page - first page with anything on it - is under the first blank page and nothing on this second page is grouped I can't select the second page and move it to the first page. When I go to the page and layout gallery it does not show that first blank page and shows what is the second page as "index".

Guess I will start from scratch to build my new site - remember reading that there is a way to make it a supersite or to make an older site a supersite. Will have to re-read to find it. - jb

Edit - if I use "open" without having a new page up, the site comes up as above except there is no first page but the large "background" that would be behind a page. This way I can see all of what was the second page - the "index" page - of the site. I assume I start designing on the index page and not on the background above it.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

I assume I start designing on the index page and not on the background above it.
    Yes.

OK - here is the Xara file as I have started the site.

I got to this by not starting with a new page but just "open"ing the site. It gave me the template which shows "index" if I click on it. The light blue area above - on page on it this way -also shows "index" as doese the light blue area below it. These look like 3 different pages - they show page breaks between them - but all show as "index"

If I click on the "preview" page it shows as it should - it does not show the blue above or below. But if I move what I have done up to the first blue area the page does not preview properly.

Every other page in this template has the same - what looks like 3 different pages and when clicked on all there areas show the same page name.

This doesn't make sense to me but I guess as long as it previews OK I can work with it.

If I move what I have up to the top blue area and preview it cuts of the top of my site. I would like to have the screen filled with the brown background but can find no way to change the light blue areas. - jb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com