Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Halifax III

Default Halifax III

A simplified profile of the Halifax III my uncle flew. Forced down over Germany and eventually crash-landed in Soviet occupied Poland near the end of the war. Did this for my cousin, his son.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halifax III.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	103265

Default Re: Halifax III

Nice job your cousin should love it.
    You can take a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead!

A good looking profile, TKI.

Thanks Guys, need a lot more practice. Am I imagining that when I save it at 800 wide as compared to lets say Wrigley's excellent Hurribomber that the Halifax seems sort of "fuzzy". Is there a tut or a discussion about how to save and upload the files and maintain some clarity?

When you save it as a JPEG TKI the image loses something each time. Also it's probably saved at 96dpi, which is fine for the internet. Never post anything on the web that you don't want to have copied. If you want a better image save it as a PNG or other file type that keeps all the info and increase the dpi.

Hi Gray, going a bit off-topic here.

When you save it as a JPEG TKI the image loses something each time
    I've never been able to find a difinitive answer re this jpg compression question. If you have a jpg file compressed at 80% and save it repeatedly does it really degenorate afer each save. Provided the same compression is maintained there's nothing for the jpg algorithm to change surely?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg. When I first started using graphic paint programs years ago I used to save it as a JPEG each time while I was working on it. After a few dozen saves the image appeared to get worse. I don't have any definitive answer myself other than that observation. Maybe one of the other members knows the mechanics of that.