Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sliders,Galleries and V10

Morning,

Anyone have a gallery they recommend for use with v10? We are after a full screen gallery.

Hi Slider is nice, but can not get it to work and I have not heard back from Xara regarding the problems I have raised.

We need to get moving and find an alternative.

Cheers

Nick

Default Re: Sliders,Galleries and V10

See this post http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...633#post504633

The same fix should work with Hi Slider which is perfect for what you say you want.

Hi Gary,

Tried it, and can't get it to work.

Tried other fixes, one user reports having trouble too. A different class is specified in this fix; it's reset one minute then no_rest the next.

Xara have a sample site from me and have been back in touch saying to hang on we are looking into it.

I have asked for an update and waited a few days and heard nothing. Any company that writes components with millions of lines of code can have some peace and quiet as far as I am concerned.

So while they advise is anyone using something that works? I like the ones that produce external files with code injection.

?

Nick

Hi Nick

When you get an answer, please update us.

What you understand but many users do not is the legacy code with which an application is written and runs, has to be forward and backward compatible. Unfortunately the addition of the responsive design capability caused some things that previously worked fine to stop working.

I asked at the time of release if this is something that can be fixed (because personally, I do not like the fact that many slider slideshows I have created do not work in the 10 versions. I was told the answer was no. But IMHO this is not the right answer. These sliders worked before and they should work now. But, if it was an easy fix, it would have already been done. But I am confident a fix will be found.

No, No, No. Definitely wrong answer. If any one there can do it, it will be them!

Last week I said to myself "we don't need no damn slideshows".

This week I said "hmmmm need slideshows; need life and action on page".

"It was fine last week to be without them, so why now does one need them and it seem a matter of life and death".

"I JUST WANT THEM".

When the fix is found I will come back with it.

It is known now there is a problem. It would be nice if a Xarian could let us know what the likelihood is, and if progress is being made.

Trust me it is better to know in advance of problems and find a workaround than waste a day flogging a dead horse.

I try to illustrate a point in this post that there is a need at times for a good slideshow.

Nick